Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-25-2010, 12:30 PM

Thumbs up Cool adventure wheeling in the Congo...

Check out this very cool (but long) read about a trip through the Congo, a very entertaining read about an expedition through the Congo taken by a Belgian couple in a Land Rover. Democratic Republic of Congo: Lubumbashi to Kinshasa - Expedition Portal Forum. There is some very entertaining stuff in that thread, as well as one short post that talks of some pretty horrific stuff that happened not many years back during one of the area's many wars.

It's a great read but have some time available before you start reading it though as it is a long but fascinating read.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Okay Jerry...you should know my limitations already by the context of my posts...who is going to read this to me....maybe I will stay up late tonite and try to sound my way thru it

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 11-27-2010, 01:12 PM

Jerry is not kidding. 64 pages and I could not stop and walk away from it.
Amazing story of their trials and some good pics. I find it hard to believe they did it without lockers, or a winch.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 AM

It was a great read....very enjoyable....i am glad I only read the author's posts...I'm guessing some of the armchair quarterbacks would have made it less enjoyable for me...

Quite the adventure...they had to be nuts....I could see some of those situations turning real bad and quickly for them....

I always had a dream and now with young children I know it won't happen....I always wanted to travel Baja California....then down thru Central America and down to S. America....and besides it doesn't matter how many episodes of Dora the Explorer I know am forced to watch I still can't speak Spanish

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ