Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 03-29-2002, 10:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to mudpup Send a message via Yahoo to mudpup
Finally drove the Jeep, WOOHOOO

Well I finally got to drive my YJ again (after 3 months of it sitting there). I finally finished the axle swap/ soa conversion/ hi-steer/ sye project. I must say I am extremely thrilled. I got drive it around today and break in the gears and even ramp it(hopefully the pics will turn out). Considering this was my first ever big project as such to tackle I think I did pretty decent. Even though it still has no rear shocks or steering stablizer I got the jeep up to about 55 with no vibes at all(could have gone faster but I still need to work out the kinks with the brakes). For now we just did a tape measure alignment and I was able to let go of the wheel at 55 and still tracked true.
Just wanted to let you guys know, and say thanks for those who helped on the info. I should have some pics up soon.

95 YJ, SOA and axle swap in progress
"When in doubt, gas 'er out"
Old 03-30-2002, 06:59 AM

Too cool!