Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 02-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Jeep Transformation Day 3

With the threat of rain the main objective was to get the SYE done (and to hopefully get the Jeep running so I could make it to work tomorrow).

Here's a better pic of the Jeep in the daylight, where it was left off yesterday:

Eric started on the SYE after I got back again from 4 Wheelers for another parts run (for the 3rd day in a row ):

Geno arrived just as the rain started, we think he brought it with him but they were able to get some work done. Here they get the SYE back in the Jeep:

I started slacking with the pictures since I actully got some hand on with the Jeep today. Eric's pretty sore so I was able to help out. Here's a picture of the flat skid on the Jeep.

Unfortunately when I had this skid done a few years ago, I didn't know enough to have it reinforced better. Geno has an idea on how to fix that and hopefully we can pull it off.

I will be joining them again tomorrow since I don't have the Jeep to drive to work and I will not ride the motorcycle in the rain. I've already called off work unfortunately but I want to help out and get this done in the next day.

What's left to do:

Rear shocks
Reinforcing the skid (if possible)
Rear sway bar links
Brake lines front and rear
Alignment
Rear driveshaft (which can be done next week unless we can get the measurement tomorrow)

Oh, cool pic of the day:

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:47 PM

Very cool.

I'm anxious to see it out on the trails now.

My Free Gear Ratio Calculator (In Metric Too)
Old 02-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Me too. Hell I'd just like to see it back on the road.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:39 PM

How far down is the skid spaced from the frame rail ??

That's probably going to really hang up on the rocks...

Fred
Suspension - 4.5" Currie Suspension Lift + 2" PA body lift, RS9000 Shocks, Currie front adjustable track bar. Currie Tie Rod and Drag Link, Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar, Currie control arms. RE adjustable rear track bar.
Axles & Lockers - Dana30/Dana44; LockRite/Full Detroit; 4.56.
Drivetrain - AA SYE and CV Driveshaft, Tera 2wd lo.
Armor - Full
Wheels - 35x12.50 R15 MT/R's sipped on 15x7 Champion Beadlocks.
Recovery - Warn XD9000i
Old 02-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthTJ
How far down is the skid spaced from the frame rail ??

That's probably going to really hang up on the rocks...

Fred
An inch and we're going to work on that by fixing up the front of it so it will slide better. Like I said when I had this done a few years back I didn't think it out as well as I thought I did.