Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 01-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Arrow Cold weather starting produces "Check Engine" light ~ should I be worried?

This morning I was ahving issues with it turning over, it was about -10 with the wind chill. It finally kicked over but on the 3rd attempt my check engine light came on.

Do you think I did something to the engine or is this common place int he colder climates? I have not done the test to see if it is a "hard" light and plan to do so.

BTW, hard light means after rubbing teh battery wires together it stays on. If it is nothing then the rubbing of the wires will kill the light ~ according to my mechanic anyway and it's worked before.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?