Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 03-07-2002, 07:18 PM

Lemonade out of Lemons

So I have a REALLY built TJ. Its wearing hi clearance D60s, ARBs, 5.38s, an Atlas II, 38SX's, beadlocks, a nice 8274 and all the trimmings.

Now... I've rolled this jeep twice now. One nice hard one and one double barrel roll, which has left the frame slightly tweaked and the body pretty much dented.

I want to keep this vehicle.... and I want it to be street legal. Any thoughts? Tube chassis? Anyone do a legal one?

Seth

Humpty Dumpty
Old 03-07-2002, 07:55 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

1) Get the frame squared up. A good shop should be able to do it for less than you may think. It's a bit far from you, but I've had a few different vehicles done at R&K Frame in Van Nuys (San Fernando Valley).

2) Check with Scotty's for a new tub, windshield frame, hood & fenders. Put in a few weekends and some Earl Scheib to make it one color and you're headed in the right direction.

I'm taking a W.A.G. that you're looking in the neighborhood of $3k.

Another option would be to turn it in to your insurance company (with as many of stock looking parts as possible, notably springs and tires). Likely, they'll total it out rather than repair. Then, negotiate a buy back of the wreckage and use the extra money to fix it up yourself.

FWIW Seth, my younger brother crashed his cherry '66 Mustang convertible pretty bad. Everything fore of the cowl literally had to be cut off and a new front grafted on. He did none of the work and the bill was about $5k.

Good luck!

Jeff
Old 03-08-2002, 11:58 AM

We are going to have to nickname you "Roll Over Seth!"

I'm glad that you are alright. I feel sorry for your Jeep. I guess that you won't be going to Johnson Valley anytime soon.....
Old 03-08-2002, 12:54 PM

Seth,

Is this yet another roll since the last time when you had it all redone? What happened? Better yet, give us the scoop on the whole who/what/when/where?

Justin