Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Fabrication and Metalworking
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fabrication and Metalworking Get welding advice, discuss different alloys, share pictures of your first fabrication attempts, as well as welds you are especially proud of

Old 08-05-2006, 05:15 PM

Rear 4 link, TJ D44

I'm going to be adding upper long arms to my rear factory D44 and I need some ideas for an upper truss/link mount.

I seen the Blue Torch Fab truss kit, but that's a bit expensive. I think I can build one that's strong enough, but not sure on the design. Attaching it to the diff cover looks to be a pain in the ass for making one. Is there a better way to get it solid around the top of the cast center chunk?
Old 08-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Re: Rear 4 link, TJ D44

Quote:
Originally posted by pcoplin
I'm going to be adding upper long arms to my rear factory D44 and I need some ideas for an upper truss/link mount.

I seen the Blue Torch Fab truss kit, but that's a bit expensive. I think I can build one that's strong enough, but not sure on the design. Attaching it to the diff cover looks to be a pain in the ass for making one. Is there a better way to get it solid around the top of the cast center chunk?
Find a good pic of the way Full Traction does it.