Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Virtual Rally for Johnson Valley

VIRTUAL RALLY for the HAMMER TRAILS in JOHNSON VALLEY
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7977490
MARCH 12th 2pm-6pm PST. ON THE PBB
Be there and post up POSITIVE COMMENTS!!

Try and get the message out to as many folks as possible to have them show up and try and crash the POR server.

Lance says it can't be done.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
VIRTUAL RALLY for the HAMMER TRAILS in JOHNSON VALLEY

MARCH 12th 2pm-6pm PST. ON THE PBB
Be there and post up POSITIVE COMMENTS.

Try and get the message out to as many folks as possible to have them show up and try and crash the POR server.

Lance says it can't be done.
Even if I figure out where the server is located, run my truck through the wall, and have a go at the server with shotgun blasts?

I am sure it can be done, but for how many years in jail would that put me?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObject View Post
Even if I figure out where the server is located, run my truck through the wall, and have a go at the server with shotgun blasts?

Wouldn't it be easier to do it in the virtual world and avoid that poor quality jail food? They don't serve meat in jail. Not even of the potted variety and even though I know you have a passion for mystery meat, I don't think you'd last very long without a daily diet of large chunks of rarely cooked dead cow.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:43 PM

Sergey needs to get jailed in Hawaii. I think I remember the prisoners there getting a weekly helping of Spam.

Do we have to register at the Pirate's board to participate in the rally? Might be a good suggestion to allow open posting in just that one thread to make it easy for people to show up.

If that's possible.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaceman View Post
Sergey needs to get jailed in Hawaii. I think I remember the prisoners there getting a weekly helping of Spam.

Do we have to register at the Pirate's board to participate in the rally? Might be a good suggestion to allow open posting in just that one thread to make it easy for people to show up.

If that's possible.
You could always register and ask.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaceman View Post
Might be a good suggestion to allow open posting in just that one thread to make it easy for people to show up.
If they do that it will take about 15 seconds for the thread to get overrun with spam.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObject View Post

No longer any need for the shotgun Sergey. It appears that all the links in everyone's signatures have managed to crash the server.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:15 PM

Guess I'm registering on the pirate board. LOL. I'll have a 1 post history.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:42 PM

In on the rally and IN with the new sig on all boards!

Jeff
Old 03-12-2008, 03:07 PM

HEY - you had better all be logged into Pirate right now - NOW IS THE TIME TO STAND UP!

My post:

To whom it may concern,

The impact of losing Johnson Valley as public land is immeasurable in both the uniqueness of terrain and the personal freedoms it allows. It's not simply the size of the land, but the time and development that has gone into the trails and the terrain that cannot be duplicated anywhere in the world.

I have been an outdoor enthusiast for over 20 years and in all my travels I've never seen the varied terrain like what we have at Johnson Valley. We are very lucky to live in a country that designates land for personal freedom and enjoyment. These are the freedoms the US Armed Forces are sworn to defend. It pains me to think that the US Armed Forces could be the perpetrator of such a massive loss of personal freedoms as would occur if Johnson Valley were annexed by the US Marine Corps.

My father is a former US Marine. I have several friends who are active and former Marines. I am deeply respectful of the US Armed Forces in general and the US Marine Corps in particular. As a father of 3 sons, the proper training of our troops can not be overstated for both their effectiveness and their safety. I however firmly believe that there are many areas that would solve the issue the Marines face, WITHOUT denying US Citizens their personal freedoms.

The economic impact of Johnson Valley should not be underestimated. Nearly every user of Johnson Valley has approximately $20,000 in their hobby or sport between their actual off-road vehicles and trailers, their RVs and tow vehicles, their camping equipment, and other accessories necessary to enjoy their sport. Nearly every user of Johnson Valley spends money in the communities of Yucca Valley, Lucerne Valley, and Apple Valley on their way to Johnson Valley. Gas, food, firewood, clothing, parts, etc. are all use items that are frequently purchased on the way into the area. The users of Johnson Valley regularly stage trail cleanups where large quantities of trash are removed the land at NO cost to the taxpayer or the Government. There are real dollars at stake to the surrounding communities and to all California business that support outdoor activities. Weakening California?s economy should be a consideration prior to the decisions made.

The sport of rock crawling is truly unique and specialized and Johnson Valley is to that sport what the United States Marines are to the US Armed Forces - Johnson Valley is the best of the best. Why take that away from us? Surely there are other areas that can be used for live fire practice? Please consider every other option as I cannot tolerate the annexation of Johnson Valley and the affront to my personal freedoms this would cause.

Sincerely,

Jeff C.
US Citizen and Taxpayer
Old 03-12-2008, 03:28 PM

Yep I'm there, my post is on page 10. I even quoted something cool you said Jeff.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
Nearly every user of Johnson Valley has approximately $20,000 in their hobby or sport between their actual off-road vehicles and trailers, their RVs and tow vehicles, their camping equipment, and other accessories necessary to enjoy their sport.
Damn, you need to tell me where you shop.... The TJ alone was more than that

BTW, I posted too
Old 03-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Flame Broiled is best

I posted up. I think I landed on the third page. Over 800 replies in less than two hours!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Damn, you need to tell me where you shop.... The TJ alone was more than that

BTW, I posted too
$100,000 is probably closer to the truth, but I didn't want to overstate anything without having any real proof.

So I went very conservatively. We probably all spend $10,000 per YEAR out there.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:36 PM

Done, post 492.
At one point the new pages were appearing faster than I could read a page, but it seems to be slowing a bit, or I am reading faster which is unlikely at my advanced age.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Send a message via AIM to JeepGal
Maybe its just me, but I cant log on over there right now.

I was able to log on and post for myself, but I needed to log on under Chris; name, and the page wont load

Tam
Old 03-12-2008, 06:42 PM

The thread is now closed. Was fine for me also up until just after it closed, now nothing.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:42 PM

It was over at 5pm Tam.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGal View Post
Maybe its just me, but I cant log on over there right now.

I was able to log on and post for myself, but I needed to log on under Chris; name, and the page wont load

Tam
Tam,
There is a late-comers thread here http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666219
Old 03-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Reggae

They closed the official thread, but I had a chance to sneak my little message in earlier today.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Send a message via AIM to JeepGal
It was doing it to me this afternoon around 3pm as well. It took multiple efforts to log in, and finally I was able to make my post. I couldnt get Chris logged in this afternoon, or even now.

I saw the other thread. I think they should have left it open after 6pm. Ill post in the other thread for Chris.

Anyone know how many posts they got?

Tam
Old 03-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGal View Post
Anyone know how many posts they got?

Tam
1,496 posts, 60 pages.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
1,496 posts, 60 pages.
How many unique story/protest posts would you say? About 1100 or so?

That's way more people than I thought would post.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABQ TJ
argh, I never got in.