Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Reggae

Car driver blamed for helicopters colliding

Apparently, the driver of a stolen vehicle will be hold responsible for four deaths caused by two news helicopters colliding trying to get a juicy footage of the chase.

Wow, if I chock on potato chips while reading the story, will that guy be held responsible for my death too?

Here is the story:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/27/hel...ash/index.html
Old 07-27-2007, 08:08 PM

How about blaming the damn media that has to sensationalize every pursuit or crime in progress. The news choppers in Phoenix are getting bad, but they're like friggin' mosquitos in Kalifornia. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

It really ****es me off when the news choppers broadcast live footage of hostage situations...that the suspect can watch in real time to see what the officers are doing.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 07-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Yep, saw that in the paper today

I think if I were a lawyer I would take that case!

There is only ONE reason why the crash occurred...Pilot ERROR. Yes I live here, yes I think the driver of the stolen truck is a pile of dung, but he DID NOT cause the helio's to crash into one another.

Sadly like most pilots of any aircraft the training lacks a key element...formation flying. This is taught in the military.

Do a HOT extract of a LZ (landing zone), smoke is everywhere along with small arms fire and RPG (rocket propelled grenade) from the bad guys.

Cobra gun-ships are strutting their stuff with rockets and gatlin guns spewing hell fire in every which direction trying to keep the bad guys heads down.

Us Infantry guys are on the ground jockeying around to grab a "skid" (Huey) as it comes sliding in. Trying to shoot at bad guys, run and keep your head down so as a head to blade strike does not occur (which can leave you with a real Excedrin headache) while the door gunners are shooting between and over your heads.

All the helicopters are dancing around trying to avoid trees in a triple canopy LZ and dust is being blown everywhere. Visibility is near zero from smoke, dust and bullets.

And in 16 months of doing that I NEVER saw a collision.

Give me a military trained, combat experienced pilot any day...

visit my forum: all rigs, expedition type travel in the SW and beyond, all are welcome, no cost just friendship...

www.savagesun4x4expeditions.com