Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 03-24-2003, 10:03 PM

Cool another new member

My name is Kim (yea, there are guys with that name!) and I am glad to be a member of this board.

For the last 6 years, i have been wheeling out of Southern CA with the On the Rocks club in Thousand Oaks. For the last year, my wife and i have been traveling around the west in our RV (Lets Roll) checking out parts of this beautiful country.

Right now, I have 1/2 a TJ (the top half) thanks to the wonderful assistance of Mr. Blaine and Jeep Kat. We are 1/4 the way through the transplant operation. so far, the patient is doing well and should be out of critical care in the next 7-10 days.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and listening in to the board discussions.

Let's Rock!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Welcome to the board Kim. Your Jeep is in good hands with Blaine. I'm envious of your travels. Good luck getting the Jeep put together.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Weston
Welcome to the board Kim. Your Jeep is in good hands with Blaine. I'm envious of your travels. Good luck getting the Jeep put together.
Thanks Jeff - am learning a lot from my Jeep Master, Mr. Blaine.

Axles today, Gone tomorrow!

Kim
Old 03-25-2003, 08:32 AM

Thumbs up

Doncha love life on the road? I spent 4 months that way last summer. I can't wait to do it again.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:44 AM

Glad to see you here.
My wife and I travel a lot. We have done some trails with the Family Motor Coach Ass. They have a four wheel group that has a hard core splinter group that really gets it on!
Hope to see you in AZ,
Ron
Old 03-25-2003, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJRON
Glad to see you here.
My wife and I travel a lot. We have done some trails with the Family Motor Coach Ass. They have a four wheel group that has a hard core splinter group that really gets it on!
Hope to see you in AZ,
Ron
Ron -

we belong to the FMCA 4 wheelers - have done quite a few trips wtih them. my first time, i was leery - i envisioined a group of senior citizens in stock jeeps doing fire roads... well, i was dead wrong - some of the people are like that but there very definitely is a hard core group that does a lot of fun stuff. we will be with them in Moab in May doing 10 days of trails.

being homeless on the road is a hoot. our license plate frame on the RV says "this is our home, but you should see our backyard!"

Kim
Old 04-02-2003, 01:27 AM

Welcome aboard Kim!!
Relax, kick up your feet, grab a cup of your favorite coffee or beverage & enjoy the company of this fine BB.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:49 AM
AA reject

Welcome Kim.
Doesnt that guy just amaze you with how fast he can do serious mods with mig in hand? I met you a week or so ago. I was the one who dropped off all those HP dana 30 axles in the white van. I am basically doing the same mods as you right now. Look forward to a "JV" run with you.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:46 AM

Chris -

The good news is that Project Jeep w/Mr. Blaine is going very well. The front steering is just about done and is working great. We are about 60% done with the rear end and that also looks like it will work really well.

The bad news is that there is no way I will be ready for the JV run this year. but it is well worth the wait to get the job done right the first time.

Good luck with your changes on the run - i will look for plenty of photos!

Kim
Old 04-02-2003, 07:49 AM

Joe -

got Java in hand and am enjoying the company already. hope to wheel with most of you once i get back on the road - thanks for the company!

Kim (Let's Rock)
Old 04-04-2003, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lets Rock

.......there very definitely is a hard core group that does a lot of fun stuff. we will be with them in Moab in May doing 10 days of trails.

Kim
We'll be going to Moab on April 26th to wheel with friends from Jeeps Unlimited. A few on this board will be there.
I don't know how long we'll stay. When are you going? I think FMCA will be there about that time also. We're staying at Spanish Trails.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJRON
We'll be going to Moab on April 26th to wheel with friends from Jeeps Unlimited. A few on this board will be there.
I don't know how long we'll stay. When are you going? I think FMCA will be there about that time also. We're staying at Spanish Trails.
Ron -

we will be getting there on the 26th also and will be also staying at Spanish Trails. We will be pre-running several trails from the 26th- 5/1. Then from 5/1 to 5/8, the bulk of the FMCA people will be there and i will be leading some of the runs. On 5/9-5/11 some of us will be doing the Hole in the Rock trial to Lake Powell... If we have a down day, would enjoy hooking up with you to do a trail. Do you know yet which trails you will be running? there is plenty of room on the Hole in the Rock run if you are interested...

Kim
Old 04-04-2003, 10:13 PM

Last year we spent 6 weeks there and ran a lot of trails, some with your members.
The JU crowd just meets up at City Market and then decides from there. It's a fun group and they do a little bit of everything. I usually end up going with smaller groups (at least we try to keep them smaller) on the tougher trails. We'll do Pritchett for sure and probably Cliff Hanger and Rusy Nail. Those are probably my favorites. Hell's Revenge if I have to.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:31 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Welcome to the board Kim.

I understand Blaine is tuning your Jeep up there. Your TJ couldn't be in better hands.

There is nothing like doing it right. I know, I am knowledgeable of many of the ways to do it wrong.

Enjoy the forum and your wheeling travels,

Frank
Old 04-08-2003, 09:52 PM
Reggae

Message from Lets Rock that got lost in the upgrade

Thanks Frank -

You know the old adage - there is always time to re-do something but never enough time to do it right the first time. well, we are trying to make sure that we do it right the first time. Project Jeep is progressing nicely. I continue to be amazed at Blaine's ability to innovate and create on the fly... Can't wait to join some of you on the trails and exercise my "new" truck...

Kim

For more details on the upgrade, please visit this thread:
http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/showth...post&forumid=4