Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Black Label
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Black Label Have you been treated good or bad? Share your story. This is the place to praise or shame

Old 07-11-2002, 10:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
bend..un-bend...re-redo and its still not right..

i went up and wheeled on the mcgrew trail a while back (on the northern cali border) and totally f.u.b.a.r.'d my exhaust.
i ripped my dynomax cat back off like it was a piece of foil. it sounded pretty good before i started but it just wasnt up to the challange.

since then i have had a shop re run my exhaust with a "V-Force" steel muffler (magnaflopromaster knockoff). the pipe was run between the shock and spring for more clearance, which it does for the most part.

the tip comes out to the side infront of the rear bumper. originally it was supposed to come out as close to the front of the bumper and hug the body too but now it is just hanging in the middle. it is still hard to hit but i want it how i want it right?

i dont know if i can go into that place for a 4th redo... the guy is a jeeper and i really expected more from him. he used 3 pieces on my tail pipe and it leaks. the only reason i leave it is because it hits nowhere. its ugly but the longarm clears. also he snuck smaller pipe in there too..

i think im going to check out this other shop that really caters to the hot rodders today.

has anyone else here with a long arm re routed the way i did? were there problems? if you have some detailed pictures id love to see them.

thanksawholebunch!
Old 07-15-2002, 10:23 AM

I have some pics of my exhaust in this album.

http://community.webshots.com/album/28762409ZlkUfyMfDx

I am very happy with it and to date I have not hit it.

Marco Muffler in Orangevale CA (Sacto area) did it for $210 which included everything from the cat back including a new magnaflow muffer. The only part they reused from my stock muffler was the bolt on rear frame hanger and rubber mount.

Tailpipe is one piece. Everything welded. Well, the flange behind the cat is still bolt on, but downstream from that flange everything is welded. No leaks, no rattles. Excellent work.

btw, these guys do lowriders, show cars, and hot rods as well as jeeps and had no problem with my tight clearances.

- Dan
Old 07-15-2002, 10:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
here's a pic of mine.. thanks!