Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > The Photo Circle
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Photo Circle Our brand spanking new forum to discuss and ask questions about anything related to photography. Also share you pictures and talk about creative works.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM

Help me pic a new digital camera

Price range 0-$1000.

Features.
  • Compact prefered, but not necessary.
  • Want to take 1-2 minute video clips with great resolution. Must be in a format where I can burn DVD's with the Window's Vista DVD program. I believe its avi and possibly mpg formats. Camcorder is a pain in the butt and I don't like taking long movies anyways. This will replace the camcorder.
  • Need to shoot 3 fps or more for sports pictures. Daughters big in sports and want to get great motion shots.
  • Easy to use. Want a point and click feature for people other than me that use it as well as adjustability for me.
  • Somethng without any lag time when you push the button for a "quick shot"

I have had Kodak and Cannon in the past. I prefer the Kodak because it's simpler menu structure, unfortuneatly the video on Kodak's it Quicktime so that rules them out.

zman
Old 10-19-2007, 05:08 PM

I have an older version of this (mine is only a 5 megapixel, 10x zoom):

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

It works really well for action shots, and takes decent videos. I haven't tried to burn them onto DVDs (no DVD burner), but IIRC it is an .mpg format.

Overall, I'm really happy with the camera, especially the zoom. If I were better at manually adjusting the different settings I would be even more impressed, but since I seldom take photos using the manual settings I haven't gotten used to that area yet.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 10-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Reggae

I know some great photo cameras under $1000, and I know some great video cameras under $1000. Sorry, I don't know anything that would combine the two and work as well.