Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > The Photo Circle
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Photo Circle Our brand spanking new forum to discuss and ask questions about anything related to photography. Also share you pictures and talk about creative works.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
My favorite pic from last weekend

I was with a bunch from the local club that went to Wickenburg for their Gold Rush Days. We go every year for the parade and get some wheeling in on the side.

There was a offshoot of the wash with 3 obsticals. This pic is of my friend who needed a winch to get her out of a tough situation.

There is the imperfection in the lower right corner due to where the sun was at the time but overall I really like the way the pic turned out considering it is still the original FinePix 2.0 MP camera that I got back in 2003.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

Hey Jamie,

Thank you for sharing the photo. It sure looks interesting. I think it is interesting because it is exactly not like wheeling pictures we usually see.

The imperfection in the corner is lens flare; you correctly identified that it was caused by the direct light from the sun hitting the camera lens. Things like that can be minimized by using lens hoods, or shading the camera from the sun by something, a black flag, a notebook, or just your hand.

Sometimes flare can be used artistically and employed as a part of the image that is meant to be there.

In addition to showing up as visible areas in the image, lens flare and camera flare also reduce the overall image contrast and make colors muddy. This is usually bad, but it can be good if that's what you want to achieve.

Here is a picture where I knew there would be flare when I took it; and I wanted it:

This may not a very good picture in a number of aspects, but a typical example of flare.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Sergey,

Cool pic. Where was that taken?

I didn't think to use my hand in that shot as both were doing a good job keeping the camera steady and no tripod in sight. I did try to position it differently but there was no way to get the shot I was looking for. I can just crop it out and still have the basics of a good shot.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 02-24-2008, 02:53 PM

I know where that pic was taken, but I don't want to spoil Sergey's explaination of it. Good times, good friends.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Reggae

Thanks, that’s Powerline Road in Johnson Valley. Here, I cropped the picture differently, and changed the colors to suit my today’s mood better.

This picture was also a rhythmics exercise.

Joe and I had a great day out exploring.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 02-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Arizona Chick

That lighter pic looks better!

I need to make it out there at some point and explore a bit, that looked like a good trip!