Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Internet jeeps rule!

UT to MN Road trip - Any advice?

I came across an LJ for sale and it turns out I made a verbal deal with the owner, so long it checks out. So, road trip it is and a family one to boot.
The Jeep in question is an 05 LJ with a bunch of custom stuff on it, stretched wheelbase, sporting 40's and a hemi. click here for more pics

My wife, daughter and I will be flying to SLC on Sunday 10/21, picking up the LJ in Provo, and then driving back home over the course of the Thanksgiving week. We have never been to that part of the country and we figured it would be a good opportunity. We're thinking of leaving Provo either Monday pm or Tuesday am, and getting to Minneapolis sometime Friday or Saturday.

It would be fun to wheel it, but I'll have to be conservative since I won't have any tools or anyone else with me and I don't feel like making the 10pm news. So, we'll stick to some cool tourist things and what we have to figure out is which route to take and what to see. Requirements would be to have motels nearby since camping is out of the question. It would also be fun to meet some fellow Jeep aficionados along the way.

One option that came to mind is through Jackson/Tetons/Yellowstone, the other through Moab and CO. I'm all ears regarding suggestion you may have on the "best" route you would take.