Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-10-2007, 04:50 AM

Buying Property and a Nice Man

I'll try to make this short. We live within the city limits in a nice neighbourhood. A good size lot (about .5 acre?) that backs on to a ravine. The ravine begins about 80 -100 ft from our property line. The owners of the property on our side of the ravine cannot access it. Because the way the lots line up their are 2 owners behind us. The property is well treed.

Awhile ago the one neighbour approaches us about purchasing his part (about120ft x100ft)...we eventually buy it (paid more than what we wanted but then Miss Sue is a Jewish Scottish Princess ).

Since we need to get it surveyed we thought we would approach the other owner to see if he would be interested in selling his section (he is an older fellow..seemed nice and is well off)...I told him Miss Sue he doesn't need the money and if he does it it would only be out of the goodness of his heart.

I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago...he wasn't interested but would think about it and get back to me...which he didn't. I went to speak to him yesterday (okay to plead)...he still wasn't interested but agreed to come over and look at. He comes over...checks out the piece of land and says he doesn't want to sell it but says "you can use it as you see fit...if I can't use it someone should be able to enjoy it and why spend money you don't need to"...he also says if he ever sells his place (has no plans to do so) but will put a clause in the agreement stating we have the rights and access to the property on our side of the ravine.

Of course Miss Sue and I had to think it over...we were very pleased with his generousity. It sure is nice to come across people as nice as this man.

The properties will be a great addition...it will give little Jessie and Dani a safe place to play in the woods (as it will be fenced).....gonna build a cool tree fort for them

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 11-10-2007, 07:59 AM

Wow, that's a pretty generous and nice man to do that in the way he did. It's comforting to know there are still people like that around.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Send a message via AIM to JeepGal
Congats...thats very generous Its nice to find there are still people out there like that.

Tam