Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-20-2004, 05:42 AM

Front "bench" seat?

I know this sounds kinda dorky, but I'm "considering" ditching my front buckets and going with a bench seat. I've installed a Poison Spyder Customs full cage in my YJ and the stock back seat ain't going back in. However, I have the need to haul two adults and a 6 year old kid, so this is where my question comes into play.

What will fit, look good and most of all be comfy? Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2004, 07:06 AM

Chris, some early models of the CJ and Willys wagons had bench or 2/3 seats-but none were comfy. Not sure of the width of the Mastercraft rear bench but it will likely not be wide enough. Maybe from a Chrysler mini-van? Just thinking along with you here.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jays89YJ
Chris, I bought custom made suspension seats for my YJ. I also bought a custom made rear bench seat for my YJ. It's very comfy. They will make a rear bench to fit no matter what cage.

Here's the site: Clicky Clicky

Call them and talk to them. They will make the seat however you want. The woman there is very, very nice. She will help you out no doubt.

-Jason
Old 11-20-2004, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed
Chris, some early models of the CJ and Willys wagons had bench or 2/3 seats-but none were comfy. Not sure of the width of the Mastercraft rear bench but it will likely not be wide enough. Maybe from a Chrysler mini-van? Just thinking along with you here.
I would second the recommendation...call and ask for Gwyn...

As for the chrysler mini van seat, it is the same size as a YJ stock back seat...I have 2 of them
Old 11-20-2004, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jays89YJ
Chris, I bought custom made suspension seats for my YJ. I also bought a custom made rear bench seat for my YJ. It's very comfy. They will make a rear bench to fit no matter what cage.

Here's the site: Clicky Clicky

Call them and talk to them. They will make the seat however you want. The woman there is very, very nice. She will help you out no doubt.

-Jason
Thank you for the link, I will be calling them. That is exactly what I'm looking for!!! CO
Old 11-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jays89YJ
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisO
Thank you for the link, I will be calling them. That is exactly what I'm looking for!!! CO
Not a problem. You'll have to post pics of your new seats.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:03 AM

A friend installed a bench seat into his TJ and is constantly raving about it, aren't you Rod?

I've travelled on the passenger side, and also spent a few hours driving. The seat makes the Jeep feel very roomy and I don't have a negative comment to make, but suspect that with a child seated in the middle -- which is why he put the seat in -- things might get a bit squeezy.

Anyway the seat came out of a 80 series Toyota Landcruiser, which I believe you have a few of in the US, but I don't know if you got the base model which has the bench seat.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:42 AM

Matt N,
That also looks good. I will take a look at some of the different smaller trucks & SUV's to see if one of those might be adaptable to my YJ. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to John Send a message via AIM to John Send a message via Yahoo to John
Chris, check out this page for a great idea for what you want to do.