Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 05-12-2002, 11:41 AM

Blaine, Robert, Shalom, Jeepkat Chris, Mike

Thanks for the help yesterday!

Blaine, Robert and Shalom, thanks for the past help in progress to get where I am..

Sergey, Jeff Weston, Seth, Scott Hill, Brad thanks for Parts.

And again, esp to Blaine who arranged deals and deals on top of deals, put up with my bumbling wrench hands, late nite repairs to steering, 4 months of trouble shooting deathwobble (which was completely sovled by his first guess... If only I had listened)..
On an limited buget, and help me out with knowledge that would have taken me years to aquire before I could attempt such modifications... You esp of all Blaine, I owe a debt of grattitude.

It's mommy day, so I have to go attended to the mommy in the house, but I'm not going to forget to thank my extended family.

Thanks again! (sniff) I'm looking forward to the Rubicon, and future wheeling. And a few sore ribs!
Old 05-12-2002, 08:34 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

Your jeep sure looks nice! Congratulations!
Old 05-12-2002, 08:47 PM

And Sergey for bieng AAA on call!!!

Small problem with the fan bieng blocked and the engine almost overheating.. After a call to the Technical Expert (Blaine of course, who had it solved about when I had about three words out of my mouth).. (Thanks again Blaine!) Sergey dropped everything and gathred up his stuff. and drove about 10 miles out of his way with tools to help me fix some details on the fan and get me back in shape to save mothers day!!! He even had a bunch of cool sodas for my wife and little one ~ such forethought on a warmer than lately has shown day. (Julia is still bouncing off the walls from the caffine.)

There are aquintances, then, there are friends who drop anything and everything to help you out - at a moments notice! That was too too too awesome. Sergey, YOU'RE AWESOME!! The savior of mother's day! He even helped me battle Bobbie the plumbing expert as I was smooth talked through disposal selection hell!!!

Thanks again!

I'll see if I can get a love24wheel style picture posted for people to see (that is to say, a drive way shot, or parking lot shot) what I'm blabering all about.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:03 AM

No problem on the help and sorry about not catching the fan shroud - I didn't "hear" it so I didn't think it was a problem. Guess having the fan get pinned needs to go on the list of crap to check for when doing belly-ups.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:04 AM
Reggae

Talking

Rakes.. my old arch enemy.
~Sideshow Bob
Old 05-13-2002, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
No problem on the help and sorry about not catching the fan shroud - I didn't "hear" it so I didn't think it was a problem. Guess having the fan get pinned needs to go on the list of crap to check for when doing belly-ups.
Simple, bolt on mod per the JU jury eh?

Not your fault Robert, not anyones at all! From what I've heard it's a problem on some jeeps, and not on others. It got in the red for about 5 seconds before I killed the engine and coasted to a stop.. Easily fixed really (did it in a parking garage with a sockette and a swiss arm knife). I was keeping short travel distances until I get the muffler done anyway.

My jeep used to ride like @#$@#. Betweens extreme vibes and death wobble, too stiff shocks, bad rims, bad tires and the springs. It's now a completely different jeep ride wise. My wife, who is oblivous to any of that stuff said that it rides nicer now.

Of coures, it takes me about 5 minutes to shoe horn it into the garage now, but no complaints. I've got clearance where I like it.
Old 05-13-2002, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
Rakes.. my old arch enemy.
~Sideshow Bob
Who?????
Old 05-13-2002, 01:32 PM
Reggae

Talking

ftp://ftp.smoovenet.com/pub/lardlad/...ckanapes14.mp3
Old 05-13-2002, 01:50 PM

B*sta*rd ITS nazis have me locked out of that web addy. Sooooo, who is this we are speaking of? Do I have to start plotting on getting even with you
Old 05-13-2002, 02:03 PM
Reggae

Talking

I didn?t mean to confuse you. I was just trying to find a way to express my feelings that we stepped on the same rakes twice. You know, you leave the rakes in the garden, step on them, and get hit in the forehead. Then you tell yourself, ?Self, I really got to get these rakes out of the way?. A couple of weeks later - "BAM" - you step on the rakes, and get hit again.

Sideshow Bob character from the Simpsons show on FOX is known to step on the rakes a lot. I know, I know, you don?t watch regular TV. In one of the episodes, after getting a hit from the rakes yet again, Bob, says ?Rakes.. my old arch enemy?. In my previous post there is a link to an mp3 sound file with that part of the episode. Very funny!

I didn?t mean offence, I just find it funny. Also, remember, next time Stu is around, I will try to disable the fan on his jeep, just so he can join the exclusive ?Fan Stoppers Club?
Old 05-13-2002, 03:30 PM

No offense take at all Sergey - I actually understand your humor once its 'splained' to me I didn't know who Sideshow Bob was but I do remember the clown named Crusty with Itchy and Scratchy. You gotta start talking Seinfeld - now that is a show I know well
Old 05-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Reggae

Smile

"Ordinarily I wouldn't mind, but..."
"But what?"
"Well, I just got back from swimming in the pool. And the water was cold..."
"Oh, you mean... Shrinkage."
"Yes. Significant shrinkage."
"So you feel you were shortchanged."
"Yes. I mean, if she thinks that's me, she's under a complete misapprehension. That was not me, Jerry. That was not me."
~ George and Jerry, in "The Hamptons"
Old 05-14-2002, 09:01 AM

"I'm out!"

Kramer after lasting all of 5 minutes on "The Bet"
Old 05-14-2002, 06:44 PM

No problem, although I felt really "tire challenged" with my Zj with only 32's and everyone sporting 35's...

maybe next time I'll be up to snuff...

sorry I had to leave early...mother's day stuff to do.....wife called about 5 minutes after I left with the "where the !@#$ are you question...LOL"

anyway your jeeps looking great, glad to hear you got all theDW stuff figured out..

Maybe I can talk Blaine into helping me adapt my Aluminum D44 discs to my Iron 44...