Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 09-16-2004, 05:56 PM

Unhappy Trouble with Video Stuff

Ok...I wasn't sure where to post this so if it needs to be moved, please do so.

I recently purchased a new Mini-DV camcorder (Panasonic PV-GS200), great little camera except for low-light situations...that's a different story.

I wanted to transfer my footage to my computer, edit, add sound etc. I already had Pinacle Studio V.7. That works fine as I can easily download the video and sound to the computer. I can easily edit both video and sound. My problem is with burning the final product to DVD!!!

I'm using Ulead DVD Movie Factory to transfer the footage to DVD but for some reason I can only get the sound when replaying on a normal DVD player. It playes fine on the computer but I need to send this movie to all my inlaws and would prefer to have them play it back on their TV sets rather than the computer.

Should I be rendering the movie in MPEG or AVI prior to burning?? Is there another peice of S/W that I should be looking at for capture/editing and rendering??? I like the ease of use with Pinnacle Studio and would like to stay with that.

I'm sure there will be a lot of questions regarding my methods but please....HELP!!!!!

Thanks,
Jeeper
Old 09-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Jeeper....you are 90% of the way there.

After you finish your editing, which is best done in .AVI (in my opinion), you then need to output, export, render, create, or (what ever your software calls is) your file in MPEG2 format. There should be a setting on your editing software that lets you perform this function. I think it will go out as 720x480 resolution if memory serves me correctly.

From there, you can use the ULead software that you have to do the burn to DVD. I use the same burning product and get excellent results. It also allows you to make some pretty good menus too, complete with background music and graphic.

If you want to stop by some time, I can run you through it (assuming you have any problems).
Old 09-17-2004, 06:30 AM

Thanks Stu, I might have to stop by on this one. After editing, adding sound, graphics etc, Pinnacle allows me to output the finished video in MPEG and save as a finished product.

Once I've done that, I am using the Ulead software to burn it and the process says that it completes successfully. Unfortunately, it only appears to have captured the sound as I get a blue screen for the video. I think I need more assistance with Ulead, I'm probably doing something wrong here.

Thanks again!
Jeeper