Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 04-08-2005, 09:31 PM

Talking Anyone heard of an "Atlas II linkage easy access portal panel"???

Well now you can see a picture of one

With AIILEAPP removed:

Mock up fit for the 1st generation AIIEAPP:

AIIEAPP installed:

Why you ask? If you are going to use the OEM center console and you have a *&%$ing body lift you have about 3/16" of gap max when the shifter levers are at their furthest travel fore and aft. This means you would have to have the shifter tower spacer measured almost exactly in order for you levers to operate without bottoming out in the slot of the OEM center console.

To readjust means dropping the skid plate and front d/s each time. This led me to my create AIIEAPP. Now I can R&R the shifter assy and adj. it until I am at the verge of losing my mind in order to get the blasted thing to fit neatly with out dropping the skid plate and front d/s...

I also discovered I cannot cut a straight line on 12gauge steel even with a laser guided jig saw

You may also enjoy my patented special application non corrosive washers that secure my shifter boot