Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 04-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

UPS?? I have to wonder

A couple of weeks ago, I e-mailed the local 4x4 shop to check on the availability of a part. "Yep, got one on the shelf. We'll put it in the on-call file and you can get it on Saturday."

A 40 mile drive, round trip, ends up with a similar part actually waiting for me, but not the one I wanted. The following Monday, I discuss the problem with the person who told me it was in stock. Resolution....drop ship me the item from the factory.....should take a week.

This means that on or about Monday of this week, I am to have my part delivered to my house. Welll....it is Friday so I call the 4x4 shop to inquire if they know where my part is......"Let me check and I'll call you right back." 10 minutes later, I am told it was delivered and left on my front porch 3/31/06, per the UPS tracking information.

I don't have it.....and so I am driving down to the shop, tomorrow, to supposedly get the extra one the shop bought for their stock. Hopefully it will really be the correct one this time.

But here is the interesting thing.....April 1st, last Saturday, I got up early and realized that the dogs barking the previous evening might very well have been the delivery guy dropping off a package....he always gets to my place about 7:30 PM. I was expecting a package from someone else (and I was NOT expecting the drop shipped item until the following week).

Sure enough, I go out to my front patio and there, between the rosemary bush and the lawn chair is a big brown box....deliverred by UPS.....the one I was expecting.

Now.....isn't it odd for someone to come up to my front porch and steal just one of two UPS delivered packages? I suppose it is entirely possible.....but it sure seems odd. If someone is going to be busted for theft, why take just one of two packages (assuming that both were actually delivered).

Or....maybe the delivery guy dropped off just one package and checked off both on his list?

All I can say is that I still can not determine why the SOB won't even ring the door bell to announce that he was there......pretty stupid, in my opinion.

Edit: I contacted the 4x4 shop about 30 minutes ago. They told me UPS was making good on it and that the shop would be getting reimbursed for the cost of the item.....and I'll hopefully get mine tomorrow.....and all will live happily ever after.

But it still seems rather strange.....
Old 04-08-2006, 06:55 AM

your UPS Delivery person drives a Jeep!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:27 PM

Must be a weird week for UPS.They dropped off a package for me at 9.45PM on Tues.
I didn,t know they worked that late.