Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-19-2005, 01:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to chef
Getting close with the Jeep

todays progress was small, had a slow start, drank a beer with a neighbor, watched him work on his classic model t...cleaned up some wiring, did some small stuff.

sweet color i'm painting the tube.

ya don't realize how offset the 8.8's diff is until you see it from this view. i didn't at least.

sweet lower shock mount with sweet 220v welds with sweet clearance notch for shocks (dunno if they're needed but wth)

hossfeld bender i borrowed from my neighbor that i'm trying to figure out how to mount the red hydraulic cylinder to

that's about it for now. only have a few more things to do before i pull the cage out. maybe by thursday. decided to save the money and keep the leaf springs in the back. wheelbase is 103" right now, I'll see how it works, just want to go wheelin. Speaking of, anybody going out for New Years that doesn't mind an extra Jeep in the lineup?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Re: Getting close with the Jeep

Quote:
Originally posted by chef
decided to save the money and keep the leaf springs in the back. wheelbase is 103" right now, I'll see how it works, just want to go wheelin. Speaking of, anybody going out for New Years that doesn't mind an extra Jeep in the lineup?
We're looking to see if a few folks from down south want to make a trip out for the new year. We'd be more than proud to have you as well.

The 103 will be fine out there. Mine's 104 and I haven't had a spot that it was a hindrance yet.

The rest is looking good, just need to hurry or we'll be drinking all the shampagknee ourselves come midnight.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:53 PM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

looking great chef.
you have sure done a lot of work to that thing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 12-21-2005, 10:09 PM

looks like my big hangup at the moment may be finding people to help pull out the cage for final welding. my usual grunt workers are all gone for the holidays. two minor things keep it from running, figuring out which is the supply and which is the return off the fuel pump, and getting out a stubborn/broke bleeder from the front pass. caliper. need two bent pieces for lap belt mounts, a shoulder harness bar, a diagonal, and then the door bars and the cage will be ready to come out. front gears to be installed, front cage/frame tie ins, and exhaust. pick up the front shocks tomorrow and those will go right in, the rears will be ready early next week and i can weld on the mounts for those then. i think that's about it. might have to cut a notch for the front driveshaft in the skid but that's no big deal. oh yeah, either an antiwrap bar needs to be made or i need to hit up a junkyard for some longer springs to beef up my rear leaf packs. i can do eet.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:51 PM

wellll...after the injection pump went out on the dodge thursday i didn't have a good feeling about making it out. fortunately after a hefty bill, i picked it up at 8 the next morning. due to a long series of unfortunate events i didn't really accomplish much today, but the front axle is finally geared now. BUT, I can't get it started. There's no spark between the coil and the distributor, but power coming to the coil, and swapping it with a known working unit does nada.

anyways, probably my favorite part of the jeep right now...

my new toy

not as sweet as blaine's work, but it'll do pig
Old 12-24-2005, 10:54 PM

It's too bad we don't live closer!

Hopefully things will come together sooner than expected!
Old 12-24-2005, 11:35 PM

me too joe! i'd even brew a pot of coffee for you
Old 12-25-2005, 07:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to LeadFoot
Time to look like a fool asking this but o well....

On the rear of your tube work (right above the shackle). Why didn't you just run the tube straight down and weld it to the frame instead of using that bolt? Frame and body flex?
Old 12-25-2005, 10:17 AM

that and being able to remove it. i change my jeep around more often then i change my underwear. finish paint, finish welding...but mostly chassis flex. i'll try a rigid mount setup sometime...not yet.