Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Reggae

Credit Card Fees

A number of credit card companies are instituting minimum monthly fees. If you are using your credit card regularly then it doesn't matter. However if you have a card that you normally don't use but just keep for emergencies or whatever, a $10 monthly fee may be a problem.

I have a card like that, so I called the credit card company to close the account. Instead they talked me into staying with them, for no fees, and threw in some additional free services. I requested confirmation in writing, which they promised to get to me promptly.

Anyway, this is just a heads up: if you get some new fee from your credit card company, give them a call, they will probably be happy to remove the fee to keep you.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:15 PM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

thanks for the heads up. those guys are out to get you at every opertunity. lol. they hate me, as i never pay interest
i'll have to check with mine, and see what they say.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Is this new? The only experience I've had like this was with a card that sent me a nastygram stating that they would cancel my account if I didn't use it within a month or two after not having used it for nearly a year. On the other hand, I have several other cards which I haven't used in years without so much as a word from the bank. One thing I have noticed is that some cards seem to have reduced the grace period before the bill is due. What used to seem like two to three weeks seems to be closer to 10 days or so now.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Reggae

Practices like this have been around forever, a number of popular credit cards are being hit this December. Monitor changes to the cardmember agreements and other paper communications that you receive from your card issuer.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:04 PM

just closing down the credit card will affect your credit score though ... but like said -> they'll get at least some money from you one way or another