Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 05-18-2001, 08:28 PM
Reggae

Los Coyotes

Hey fellows! Unfortunately I got some business that I must attend tomorrow, therefore I will not be at Los Coyotes. I will be at Los Coyotes on Sunday (May 20, 2001) though. So, if any of you are staying until Sunday, I know that Clark was going to, I will be looking for you over the CB Channel 1.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 05-21-2001, 07:01 AM
Reggae

May 20, 2001 Trail Report

Los Coyotes was a bunch of fun. At the gate we asked the girl if they are still want to close it, she said they was going to close but they were not sure yet.

First I was trying to find Clark to no luck. Then we joined the Willie soybean seed and Scot Hill group for the Old Mine trail, which was fun, ad we saw Jeff the CRWLR there. William was showing off at the Z-Turn, going through it backwards etc.

Then Anders and me branched off and went to the El Hill. Anders tried to go up on the right side several times. He was trying different lines but there was just no way to go up unlocked.

At first I didn’t want to try El Hill, because my jeep was top heavy with the hard-top, doors, tools and other things on the back seat, and I didn’t want to take it all off. But then I decided to give it a try, and walked right up the right side. Got to love lockers front and rear, and MTR’s aired down to 8 PSI.

At the mean time Anders drove up the LEFT side. Man!

I decided to give the Left side a try too. Now that was scary. When one of my rear tires went in one of the huge ruts, the opposite front tire lifted from the slop, and I thought to myself, “This is how people flip back end over”. I kept steady forward motion, and crawled the hill all the way up.

Anders did the Left side a couple more times. His jeep is at near stock height with a body lift and BFG AT tires.

Axle Jack showed up, with his windshield down.

Then we just played a little on the hills in the area, went up the Dangerous road, and went home.

Nice fun wheeling Sunday, and nothing broken on my jeep.

Old 05-21-2001, 08:03 AM

Sounds like you had fun.

I am at 1600 dollars and counting for damage.

I now have serious teeth shattering vibes at 60.
Old 05-21-2001, 08:13 AM
Administrator

William- What did you do to accrue that much damage? Did any of it occur on Sat?

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Old 05-21-2001, 08:33 AM
Reggae

Kudos to Mr. Blaine!

Hey Mr. Blaine!

Huge thank you to you! You said that you could make me go up the El Hill, and you did that. Of course, the monster you helped me to build can do much more than the El Hill, but still: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Old 05-21-2001, 08:39 AM
Reggae

William, have you taken the front drive shaft out yet? If not, I highly recommend you disconnect it, until you have it straightened out. You can take the U-Joint straps out from the pinion yoke, wrap the U-Joint with tape, and strap the drive shaft up, out of the way with zip ties; just don’t engage 4 wheel drive. This is what we did on my jeep, when I bent my front DS, and didn’t have the hubs yet.

I picked up some vibes too. I think this is because I was driving comparably fast with the meats aired down, and spun up the tires on the rims.

Old 05-21-2001, 09:08 AM

Mr. Blaine,

None of that happened saturday. Despite being sick, tired, and also lost (twice, thanks to the group for bieng patient).. Nothing happened on Saturday. I must have had a good spotter that day.
Now, Sunday, I spotted my self. I must have over confidenced my self when I went backwards through the Z turn (with a full rack on the back, and only one mirror).. because I had some problems after that.

But, I knew what I was getting into, and accept the consequences. But it looks like my insurance will cover some of it, so all is not really really lost.
Old 05-21-2001, 09:23 AM

William,
Please elaborate on your carnage at the Z-turn. How do you arrive at $1600? FWIW, I was mighty sick myself by the time I got home - serious stomach flu.

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/Swampers
www.geocities.com/yatezess/
Old 05-21-2001, 09:54 AM

Robert,

Must be going around. It sure made a fun trip pretty crappy.

Anyway, I'm not going to elborate to much on the damage, I'm going to talk to the adjuster.

But, right now, I"m looking at needing a new front window, a new soft top (torn in three places), replace the oil pan, replace or beat out the deep pan, and likely, replace the front drive shaft. I'm not sure if they are going to want to have to paint the jeep and hammer out dents or replace the surround for the front window.

Gotta love my wife though, I bring it home and itemize the damage and she says "It was your turn." !!!!

However, she, um, says that the deductable will come out of my budget for this year. Bye bye roll cage.
Old 05-21-2001, 12:17 PM

Ouch! But I have to admit, I have had my turn in the stupid barrel a few times and while its an expensive lesson, its one that sticks with you. Sorry to hear about it though.

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/Swampers
www.geocities.com/yatezess/
Old 05-22-2001, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Sergey- You are very welcome. I am glad all of our hard work has paid off.

I would guess that you will be cautious of the question you ask in front of me from now on.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you