Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 05-22-2001, 02:12 PM

Calling all Jeepers, Calling all Jeepers: Advice needed with insurance..

So I call the insurance company.. and they say I have to take it to one shop... I have a drive train place here that is.. OK.. (MIT of El Cajon) but the owner will have nothing to do with windows or tops.. And he wasn't inclined to be friendly about being flexable on claimed vs. repaired. I do not want to take it to a dealer.. as I think it will be a rip off... and they won't do the best work...

What I need is a shop that is #1, reputable, #2, will be flexible with repairs (i.e. if they don't give me enough to replace the top, that they won't send the money back to the agent, but use it to apply it towards the other repairs) and do the window, retube the front DS, possible "paint"... is this impossible to ask? Not gonna happen?
Old 05-22-2001, 02:31 PM

Talk to Scott - you may have to take a drive up here but the shop he dealt with (I will let him tell you that if he wishes) was pretty agreeable in working with him.

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/Swampers
www.geocities.com/yatezess/
Old 05-22-2001, 03:44 PM

I have found a suitable shop that will take good care of me... So once agian, I'm a happy camper. Now, if some one could just give me a winning lottery tickette all the members of this forum (at this moment) would benefit nicely...