Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 01-30-2002, 11:56 AM

I don't understand all the hubub.
So Don was trying to be cute and it didn't come off as cute. I been there, done that. More than once.
I don't know about you guys but I hope you don't hold me to what I said a few months ago or even yesterday about my Jeep build up and what my goals are because they change from day to day. Heck, I admit, I don't know what they are.
At one time all I wanted to do was get out in the desert and drink beer and explore around locally. Then I wanted to be able to go to Moab. Then I wanted to do hard core trails like the Hammers. Mostly I don't want to break wherever I go! At one time I would have sworn I'd never need more than 33s. Oops.
I think I'm getting a clue, though.
I want to be able to do trails like the Hammers. Do I want to make a steady diet of them. No. What I really like about them is the fact that I learn what the limits of me and my Jeep are, and this comes in handy for other trails I like to do. The other thing that is great about the Hammers type wheeling is what Don said. The "Hammers Club" does not include everyone, as not all Jeeps are modified enough to do them, So, when you go to JV, you are pretty much guaranteed a small group of like minded people out for some hard core type action. Maybe "deep pockets" is a bad phrase but the Hammers are going to take their toll on hardware. Usually not for the tight budget, gotta drive it home and to work the next day. It is a serious experience. I like serious at times.
At times I like to meet up with a bunch of folks and have a more social wheeling trip. I like social.
At times I like to go explore by myself. I like myself.
At times I like to take the wife and dog and take scenic trips. I like scenery and my wife and dog.
So what the heck, I can join the "club" of the day, if they'll have me.
Just please, don't hold me to what I'm saying now' cause I'll probably have a new story as I travel down the Jeepin' road!

Ron

He cut them with his whit. Both subtle and sublime.
The words they flowed like water, recited like a rhyme.
He dazzled them with intellect. And made them look quite sad.
But I think that ripping into them. Had kind of made them mad.

I like the way my Jeep is now..... I'd just like it, well, a little higher off the ground with more ground clearance!
Old 01-30-2002, 12:07 PM
Banned

Don, I didn't take your comment as pointed or somehow saying there was a group here that others can't be a part of (but then again, I don't have 35" tires ). I hope all is cool now though. Sometimes it seems pretty tense around here.

[This message was edited by Ace! on January 30, 2002 at 01:16 PM.]
Old 01-30-2002, 12:21 PM

I'm not planning on holding any grudge against Don - I have better things to do with my time

Seriously, I was simply trying to prove my point that there is no "super secret you can only run the Hammers and gotta have 35's to wheel with us Jeep club" running around here. I have no idea where that has come from but its not correct.

Ron, you actually hit the nail on the head - I want to have the ability to go to the Hammers with my good friends and have a great time extending my vehicles' limits but I also want to be able to explore, go fishing and socialize with like minded responsible people. I certainly don't have the pockets to purely live on Hammer tough trails - hell, the last trip over cost me an upgrade to 35's, a new set of rear shocks and new rocker protection to cover up my caved in tub - yea like I'm made of money to do that on a regular basis - right......

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/35" MTr's

Old 01-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Banned

Well, what about the Challenger's club? There's one of those right

("We are in the process of forming a Challenger Club. Only owners of Mickey Thompson Challenger wheels can enter." - TO)

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom
Old 01-30-2002, 05:06 PM
AA reject

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
CRIS IM SORRY FOR MY COMMENTS, I DID NOT MEAN TO OFFEND YOU AND I WAS WRONG.

IM SORRY AS WELL TO EVERYONE ELSE HERE ON JEEPBBS.

[/quote]
Don--
No hard feelings on this end. I will soon be on at least 35's. Just a matter of time and money

97 ZJ 8.0" lift, Armed and plated "short bus".
Old 01-31-2002, 06:41 AM

I don't hold grudges against Don, now the PIMP might be a different story
Old 01-31-2002, 06:58 AM
Banned for being bad

Thanks for understanding everyone.

01 Sport, Auto, BACK STREET BOYS RULE, Silverstone ,IDE RULES, D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 ,Harry B Sux, Tera S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, Currie steering damper, Bilstein Shocks, GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids.
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 03:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don Palese:
[/quote]
Keep calling me bean boy and I might force feed you some beans!

William "Unless you're William" Karstens
AKA
"I'm not Bill"
Old 01-31-2002, 09:21 PM
Banned for being bad

To late bean boy, millie got me a bag of Melssa's Roasted Soy Nuts.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by William:
Quote: "Originally posted by Don Palese:
"
Keep calling me bean boy and I might force feed you some beans!

William "Unless you're William" Karstens
AKA
"I'm not Bill"[/quote]

01 Sport, Auto, BACK STREET BOYS RULE, Silverstone ,IDE RULES, D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 ,Harry B Sux, Tera S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, Currie steering damper, Bilstein Shocks, GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids.
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!