Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Jeep Aftermarket Companies
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Aftermarket Companies If you have a jeep related business you can let JeepBBS visitors know about it here. Also this is the section where you can post information about 4 wheel drive shops and companies that sell automotive and jeeping related products

Old 10-31-2003, 07:21 PM

Thumbs up Lompoc Jeep/Dodge

I have been working in Solvang/Buellton/Lompoc for the last month or 2 and have been having "troubles" with the Jeep. I thought I got a bad tank of gas or that my asshole neighbors put something in my tank as my problems started the day after my wife told them they were scum (she has a way with words).

Anywho... finally it got bad enough that I had to take it to the dealer to check it out. These guys took my Jeep in right away, about 2pm I was able to drop it off, they called me 2.5 hours later to tell me the problem (bad TPS) and that it could be fixed the next morning for $100. He then apologised that it couldn't be ready right then, but they didn't happen to have my serpentine belt in stock that I also wanted replaced. It was almost 5pm and he still wanted to fix my Jeep! 5pm!

When I picked it up he told me the mechanic also found that my output shaft was leaking a little and that one of my u-joints was going bad(leak I knew, u-joint I didn't) - then the biggie - he recommended I just fix both of them myself as the labor costs associated with those 2 repairs are high compared to the cost of the part and difficulty of the repair.

Why oh why can't I live in Lompoc? Well better yet why can't this dealer be in Simi?

Also, I guess I'll have to apologise for driving over my neighbors ****ty little Honda in retaliation for his putting stuff in my tank. Ooops sorry Fidel.

Deserves got nothing to do with it