Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Fabrication and Metalworking
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fabrication and Metalworking Get welding advice, discuss different alloys, share pictures of your first fabrication attempts, as well as welds you are especially proud of

Old 01-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
front radius long arms

for my tj
i dont know if i should yet, but i want to build some replacement arms for my front suspension using the tera frame brackets which are actually very beefy. these will be replacing my tera long arms.

i plan on using my current currie short uppers in a manner re and clayton use a short arm on their radius set-up.

other than that i havent decided exactly which components to use yet.

i like the currie joints so i think that would be a step in the right direction. im not sure if i should use a johnny joint at each point or a rubber/poly bushing at the frame.

i have johnny joints on my dana 30 now

my jeep sees as much road as it does trail so i think i would like to stick with the long arm.

i bought a new sparkle wrench and have been practicing with it (lincoln 180c mig) plan on continuing my practice before i do something important like control arms

so if anyone has tips for materials i should use c'mon and post it here. i didnt see much at all about arm building when i went on my hunt.

thanks!