Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed Enter at your own risk. This is the land of political discussions, jokes, and nonsense posts.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned for being bad

Jeep Rubicon

Has anything changed for the better or worst on this model since its release??
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Re: Jeep Rubicon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Has anything changed for the better or worst on this model since its release??
Why do you want to know?
Old 03-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Administrator

For Sale- TJ rarely used offroad, no scratches on the undercarriage, driven by a grumpy Jerry Garcia techie on the freeway. Religously maintained by the best dealerships, gender impaired gray in color, special offroad package consisting of big tires and firm shocks, make offer.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Banned for being bad

Re: Re: Jeep Rubicon

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Why do you want to know?
Well I think I want to get one as it has all the good things in one package, and I will be rock ready
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Reggae

Hey Don,

Buy my jeep. It has all the good things in one package, and rock ready. We'll just need to swap bead locks for regular wheels, and do some body work if you want to run hard doors, and it will be freeway friendly.

The jeep is very well cared for; saw nothing but high quality synthetic lubricants since the break-in. Got only 60,ooo miles on it. Lately it spends most of the time in the garage.

And I'll buy a rock buggy.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
Hey Don,

Buy my jeep. It has all the good things in one package, and rock ready. We'll just need to swap bead locks for regular wheels, and do some body work if you want to run hard doors, and it will be freeway friendly.

The jeep is very well cared for; saw nothing but high quality synthetic lubricants since the break-in. Got only 60,ooo miles on it. Lately it spends most of the time in the garage.

And I'll buy a rock buggy.

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Reggae

I am serious. For about the same money as new Rubicon, you could have a very well dialed jeep on 35s with good axles and lockers and everything that runs circles around any stock Rubicon off-road.

And since I know you, I could even finance it for you.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Banned for being bad

Quote:

And since I know you, I could even finance it for you.

What the hell will I do with my other Jeep

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Reggae

Quote:

What the hell will I do with my other Jeep
Sell it on e-bay, you big dummy!!!

I can sell it for you, but I'll charge you agent fees for that.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Sell it on e-bay, you big dummy!!!

I can sell it for you, but I'll charge you agent fees for that.
How much you asking for that rig ?

Did You buy any Martha Stewert stock

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Reggae

Quote:
How much you asking for that rig ?

Did You buy any Martha Stewert stock

Don,

How about this:

1. We meet and look over my jeep, and discuss what needs to be done to it to make it work for you (Fix the body, so the door fits, discuss what kind of top you want to run, what to do with wheels, etc.)
2. My jeep gets brought up to your specs.
3. You take control over my jeep, and it becomes the jeep you drive.
4. You sell your jeep.
5. You give me money and/or start payments on the loan if you want it financed.

I don't know how much I am asking, but the general idea is that it will cost you about the same as if you were to buy a brand new Rubicon.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Don,

How about this:

1. We meet and look over my jeep, and discuss what needs to be done to it to make it work for you (Fix the body, so the door fits, discuss what kind of top you want to run, what to do with wheels, etc.)
2. My jeep gets brought up to your specs.
3. You take control over my jeep, and it becomes the jeep you drive.
4. You sell your jeep.
5. You give me money and/or start payments on the loan if you want it financed.

I don't know how much I am asking, but the general idea is that it will cost you about the same as if you were to buy a brand new Rubicon.
You serious?? If so I will meet with you. Any pics ? Just kidding

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 12:21 PM

There are two things that bother me about the rubicon.

1) the gearing on it is absolutely screwy if you stick to stock or smaller tires.

2) The lockers take a second or longer to engage sometimes. It is definitely not off/on like ARBs.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Reggae

Quote:
You serious?? If so I will meet with you. Any pics ? Just kidding
Yes. I am serous. You will need to come to my place, so you can see the jeep in person and decide if you want it or not. Then if you decide that you want it, we'll discuss the details and come up with a plan on how to make the transaction in the most convenient and efficient manner.

If you want a capable rock crawler jeep this is the best chance you have. As, I happened to have exactly that kind of jeep, and I want to replace it with a big-ass trail-only rock buggy.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Yes. I am serous. You will need to come to my place, so you can see the jeep in person and decide if you want it or not. Then if you decide that you want it, we'll discuss the details and come up with a plan on how to make the transaction in the most convenient and efficient manner.

If you want a capable rock crawler jeep this is the best chance you have. As, I happened to have exactly that kind of jeep, and I want to replace it with a big-ass trail-only rock buggy.
pm me your Phone #

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I want to replace it with a big-ass trail-only rock buggy.
Little dude big Jeep syndrome

If you really are trying to compensate - don't forget to put a manual tranny into that rock buggy
Old 03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Reggae

My new executive title (see the signature below) does not permit to drive puny jeeps. I need a gigantic rock buggy as symbol of status and success.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 03-28-2005, 01:45 PM

So in other words - a manual tranny it is

I noticed the title - I just didn't want to laugh out loud and hurt your feelings
Old 03-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Reggae

Manual tranny is for unsophisticated buffoons. I'll take the automatic, but the tires have to be huge.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com