Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 02-12-2002, 10:26 PM

Front trackbar with play up and down, is it also ovalizing the hole on the frame side mount?

Okay got a bad case of DW today. Crawled under the Jeep and found that the front track bar is having issues. The joint on frame side mount is poping up and down in the mounting hole. Now is this just causing some wierd steering sensations or is it also ovalizing the hole? It apears to be just moving up and down. Now I have a excuse to buy that front adjustable trackbar and install the spacers, shocks, bpe's, upper conversions, rear t-bar, and discos that have been laying around. But would also like to know if I should go visit a junk yard and find a new frame side mount. What do you think?

Cha

1993 4.0L Grand Cherokee Laredo Lifted
Old 02-12-2002, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Is it stock? If so, it should be a tapered pin in the hole as part of the ball joint. Should also have a castle nut with a cotter pin. Yank the cotter pin and tighten down the castle nut. Re-install the cotter pin and see if that helps at all.

If not, get a picture so we can see what's going on.

You are just another ride in the amusement park of my mind.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:41 PM

Yes it is a stock bar. Has about 40K miles on it. When I first bought the Jeep it was having the same issue. It was replaced by the owner before I took ownership. I think I'll see if it will tighten any. I do doubt it though. I beleive the procomp track bar drop bracket is causing some premature wear on the frame side mount. Have to pull the bar out and have a look. Any other suggestions?

Chad

1993 4.0L Grand Cherokee Laredo Lifted