Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-23-2002, 03:21 PM

Question RE or RK front trackbar?

I'm in need of a new trackbar for the front of my ZJ. I am running 6.5" of lift and want to get a trackbar with an aftermarket (HD) bracket at the frame end. My first choice was Rubicon Express, however I am worried that their bar might not be long enough (it says for ZJ's up to 6". I'll be replacing my springs with true 7" ones (instead of 4.5" + 2" BB). SO my next and only other choice was the Rock Krawler t-bar which is rated for ZJs with up to 8" of lift. Which one would you put your money on? As I said before, my first choice was Rubicon Express, I'm just worried about fitment.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:42 PM

I couldn't say 100%, but I think there are people that run the RE trackbar and have 7 inches or more. I don't know what this does for longevity or bind, but they do run it. You may also want to check ORGS before you make your decision because I think they have a heavy duty trackbar for tall lifts.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:23 PM

The ORGS trackbar is very nice. I run one on my XJ.

I've not heard many positive comments about anything RK has made - their lifts seem to have a bad rep already.

Also - you hear a lot of gripes about the RE trackbars as well.

This is just what I've heard - which means it could be all BS.

Jeff
Old 08-26-2002, 03:47 PM

Jeff,
I had heard of people having problems with the RE t-bar that has a heim at the frame end, however, I am talking about the HD t-bar that uses a rebuildable johny joint at the frame end. It also utilizes a HD trackbar bracket that completely replaces the factory bracket and has the bolt passing horizontally through the johny joint.

Seems to be a better choice than my other options