Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 06-11-2006, 09:56 AM

DIY beadlocks

So last weekend I managed to wedge almost an entire tree inside each of my front tires allowing me to spontaneously, and for a short time unknowingly, run at 2psi instead of 8. Despite pretty much zero air and sloppy mud over everything, the MTRs managed to stay on the rims. Once off the trail, I had to unseat the tire to remove the junk in them, reseat , and air them up. Not too big a deal but it took a little bit of time, making the other guys in our group wait for me while I did this and so I was "that guy."

Top it off I actually managed to hit and break the speed sensor on my JB SS SYE. So I also spent some time plugging up the port.

By the time I was ready to roll again, I could almost hear my fellow wheelers' stomachs growling.

Now I'm thinking (again) about beadlocks. Anyone have any opinions on the weld on ones? I dont usually lose a bead but it's not unusual that I have to pull junk out of them by days end.

So what do you guys think about the weld on locks? Have a favorite?