Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2001, 06:22 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Back from Moab

Donna and I pulled into Phx about 4:30 this afternoon, after 9.5 hours on the road. Nice drive back....it only got warm once we dropped out of the mountains by Flagstaff.

We had a great time. Did 5 days on the trail and 2 days of travel time.

We happened to meet two couples from CA (the Fresno area....give or take a bit) on the 3rd day and managed to run two trails with them. Both of these guys run the Dusy/Ershim multiple times a year (recently as last month).

ROBERT.....we have a standing invitation to run the Dusy. I've been guaranteed that if neither of these guys are available when we want to do it, they will find one of the local club members to go with us!

I should tell you about their rigs....nicely done. Both were running CJ-7s. One was spring under with 35" Swampers, TeraLow in the D-300 t-case and a NV4500 with 6.3 (or so) 1st gear. He could crawl slower than a baby, which was good because Andy is an old guy....probably put more years ont the trail than I have been living. The other CJ was sporting 39.5x17" Swampers with a spring over suspension. Robert's driveline was the same basic setup as Andy's, except that he was running fully with Waggie axles on his. His paint job, now 8 years old, was to die for.

Anyway, Moab was great, the company was great (got our friends from Phoenix hooked on it for sure), and the food was great too.

We ran Moab Rim, Fins n' Things, Steel Bender (both sections), Poison Spider Mesa, and Cliff Hanger. I shall never forget the 4' ledge on Cliff Hanger.

My front driveshaft CV joint is due for a rebuild. It starting the squeaking routine while at Moab so it is time to take care of that now.

I am swapping out the rear Procomp coils for a higher spring rate coil....probably 4.5" RE coils. With the hard top and the rest of my current setup, the back end squats too much. I am keeping the front coils....they are doing great.

Well, I guess that is about it for now. Sounds like everyone else was having a pretty good time tihs past week as well. Sounds like the JV trails got a good work out!

http://www.stu-offroad.com