Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 02-22-2005, 09:22 PM

Talking You folks on the west coast got webbed feet yet???

Ya'll have been getting a taste of typical SE Tx. weather for awhile now.... Soon ya'll be trading in your MTR's for some Super Swampers if the rain dont stop ....

Seriously, I hope everyone is careful out there and the weather gives you break soon.....
Old 02-22-2005, 09:25 PM

Hey - my MT/Rs worked great in the Sergey Bog and on a wet and sandy Sledgehammer! Plus they don't rattle my fillings lose on the street

Seriously though - the rain has got to stop. At this rate we will never play a LL baseball game all year
Old 02-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Re: You folks on the west coast got webbed feet yet???

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck K.
Ya'll have been getting a taste of typical SE Tx. weather for awhile now.... Soon ya'll be trading in your MTR's for some Super Swampers if the rain dont stop ....

Seriously, I hope everyone is careful out there and the weather gives you break soon.....
I think today we officially broke the record for the most recorded seasonal rainfall, some 36+ inches. That means everything is now full and the rain can stop.

At this rate, they will be skiing in Big Bear until July and then we'll have an early winter and the snow will start in August up there.

A whole month of Summer.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:37 PM

Over six inches already in Death Valley, that's triple its usual annual rainfall.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Try commuting 80 miles roundtrip in this stuff. Last night I just passed through the 101 @ Santa Monica Blvd. about 10 minutes before the sump filled with water and both directions of the freeway closed. Apparently it took some people 5 hours to get off of the freeway. Heck, my kids have hardly been out of the house in a month. This blows!
Old 02-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Weston
Try commuting 80 miles roundtrip in this stuff. Last night I just passed through the 101 @ Santa Monica Blvd. about 10 minutes before the sump filled with water and both directions of the freeway closed. Apparently it took some people 5 hours to get off of the freeway. Heck, my kids have hardly been out of the house in a month. This blows!
Time to start driving the jeep for awhile. It's got 4wd you know.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Time to start driving the jeep for awhile. It's got 4wd you know.
I read once you are supposed to drive with your hand on the t-case shifter and immediately go into 4 high while slowing down when you come to an area where you are going to hydroplane...

Jeff - I do close to 80 each day as well - what a drag the 91 is when they close Ortega...
Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Jeff - I do close to 80 each day as well - what a drag the 91 is when they close Ortega...
In the Jeep? You're nuckin' futs! Aside from the fact that crude oil is over $51/barrel today, you're gonna' put your TJ in an early grave. I put 95K miles on my Jeep in the first 5 years and about 3k in the 15 months since then. I see a 4 cylinder wusswagon commuter vehicle in your future.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I see a 4 cylinder wusswagon commuter vehicle in your future.
He's already got one of those that's only missing the 3' tall rainbow sticker across the trunk lid.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:41 PM

Quote:
In the Jeep? You're nuckin' futs! Aside from the fact that crude oil is over $51/barrel today, you're gonna' put your TJ in an early grave. I put 95K miles on my Jeep in the first 5 years and about 3k in the 15 months since then. I see a 4 cylinder wusswagon commuter vehicle in your future.
I take the Altima most of the time. Only drove the TJ when the Altima was broken.

Now the TJ needs work.

Jeff
Old 02-23-2005, 03:39 AM

Quote:
This blows!
not if you ski - baldy was terrific on sunday. by now there is probably 10' of snow up there.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
baldy was terrific on sunday.
I take it you had a blast. Baldy offers some great skiing in years like this. I told my boss that the pneumonia I had in Jan is coming back. Maybe the worst day will Thursday.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:33 PM

I am for one really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, sick of dealing with rain and rain related issues.

It needs to stop raining already. It really does.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by speaceman
I am for one really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, sick of dealing with rain and rain related issues.

It needs to stop raining already. It really does.
Why? You're stuck inside with 2 kids and a recovering wife so you aren't going anywhere anytime soon
Old 02-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
not if you ski - baldy was terrific on sunday. by now there is probably 10' of snow up there.
It will probally look pretty cool once it all melts and comes down the moutain also.