Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Small Rant about lowlifes

We placed a pair of reflectors on stalks at the left turn for our Thanksgiving camp and put some duct tape across them to make a small banner with our JeepBBS bumper sticker on it.

It was there early Thursday Morning and gone shortly after. I figger that akin to being lower than the scum that scrawled crap across our names in the book in the mailbox on Sledge.

I always thought that camp markers were as sacred as someone's camp and being caught taking one or being in the other without permission put you right below pond scum in the food chain and subject to being shot on sight.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:44 PM
I like jesus christ

Send a message via AIM to Dukes69
MJR had one of their nice metal signs stolen at TDS. Assholes!
AIM: Dukes69
Old 12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

The reflectors and the writing in the book are a form of jealousy. Considering how far away the camp is, and that we saw no one on the trail...I'm a bit stumped. I don't quite get why someone would do it, but it's likely that the person's IP is in the log files.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mnjeeper
The reflectors and the writing in the book are a form of jealousy. Considering how far away the camp is, and that we saw no one on the trail...I'm a bit stumped. I don't quite get why someone would do it, but it's likely that the person's IP is in the log files.
We know who did it. There's only one group of folks whose wannabe leader uses the term to describe us. They're also cowardly enough to pull a stunt like that and not own up to it.

You are correct about the IPs though. We did have a few guests show up after the holiday and snoop around a bit.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
We know who did it. There's only one group of folks whose wannabe leader uses the term to describe us. They're also cowardly enough to pull a stunt like that and not own up to it.
That guy is an a$$hole
Old 12-01-2005, 09:08 PM

as long as everybody we want to show up, knows where to go ... it might even be better without a marker

There were quite a few camps close by this year and even though that didn't cause any 'unrest' it attracts more dirt bikes/quads and such on the roads around our camp.

Let's hope we can keep it somewhat secluded (it's a good thing that it's not visible from the road)
Old 12-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Iceman
as long as everybody we want to show up, knows where to go ... it might even be better without a marker

There were quite a few camps close by this year and even though that didn't cause any 'unrest' it attracts more dirt bikes/quads and such on the roads around our camp.

Let's hope we can keep it somewhat secluded (it's a good thing that it's not visible from the road)
I don't think it will ever become a huge issue. There's at least 20,000 acres to find a spot to camp away from the annoyances of the little wheelers.

And you're correct, everyone we wanted to see managed to make it in spite of the lowlifes.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:58 PM

If I can steal the words I heard from Johnny Carson......."May the fleas of 1,000 camels infests their armpits"!

Regretfully, I'd suspect other mischievous behavior.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:10 PM

I still can never figure out why any one would drive all the way out there to get away from things and then set up camp where you can actually see another camp site.