Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-17-2001, 10:46 PM
Reggae

Give me Liberty or give me any other jeep

I saw a Liberty on I-15 today. Dark green, with a winch, good tires and a base loaded antenna mounted in the right place (in the middle of the roof). I waived, and the driver waived back.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 08-17-2001, 10:57 PM

This week I actually personally sold 2 of them. One to one of my coworkers, and one to my boss.

Mind you I only mentioned maybe they should go look at one instead of buying an Acura MDX. Having now driven a fully loaded one I can honestly say they are great. Way more headroom that a cherokee and much nicer inside. A great choice for a grocery getter. Neither of these guyys are 4 wheelers, they just need a bigger vehicle.

As soon as my wifes lease is up on her Galant that's what she wants too.

Sean M Higgins
higs@higsrigs.com

Deserves got nothing to do with it
Old 08-17-2001, 11:58 PM

You can supposedly fit 32's on them with a 2 inch budget boost.

I've already seen 31's on a Liberty that was being driven around.

It looked pretty cool. Too bad that thing doesn't have a solid front axle option.

It would have been cool if jeep could have worked something out like on the latest mustang gt/cobra.

You can swap the live axle out and swap in the cobra's IRS. Too bad jeep didn't design it to go the other way for people who wanted to offroad.

Grey 98 ZJ.
Old 08-18-2001, 06:45 AM

I think I'm one of those odd people that kind of like it. I definately serves a purpose, after all, what percentage of the population actually puts their 4x through as much punishment as we do? I think its perfect for a small family that enjoys the great outdoors without driving on extreme trails. It would be kind of nice being able to pack the wife, 2 kids and the camping gear to head off into the wilderness/outback/country with the assurance that you have 4x in case you need it. Plenty of room, covered in case it rains etc...

Heck, I bought my WJ for that purpose, and to be able to tow the YJ. Had it been out in '99, I might have considered it. Although I would have had to get a seperate tow rig.

One thing I find kind of funky about the appearance is the tail lights. Psuedo rounds!

I've never driven one before but has anyone seen that show on OLN...I think its called Jeep Adventure Series. Mainly its about exploring the outdoors in a Liberty. Nothing extreme of course but it seems to do pretty well.

Jeeper

Many Jeeps with Stuff