Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 07-16-2002, 08:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to JMyerz Send a message via Yahoo to JMyerz
Question Rear Upper Cam bolts....

I remember reading something on Stus site about being able to adjust the pinon with these cam bolts.

I currently have Tomken rear uppers, which I think are slightly longer than stock, and I was wondering when I install my RE Hack and Tap if adding cam bolts would be enough to adj the pinion angle.

Thanks,

Justin
Old 07-17-2002, 10:57 AM

Avoid the cam bolts. The only decent ones are the Mopar and they go for 65-70 dollars. The cheaper RE's will spin and are junk. I had the Mopars and they worked ok with the stock slip yoke but they sure got in the way when I went to adjustable rear upper arms. They are now welded in place

Sell the Tomkens and use the proceeds + the 70 bucks you would have paid for the cams for a nice set of RE uppers. You will be much better off in the long run.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:55 AM

Re: Rear Upper Cam bolts....

Quote:
Originally posted by JMyerz
I remember reading something on Stus site about being able to adjust the pinon with these cam bolts.

I currently have Tomken rear uppers, which I think are slightly longer than stock, and I was wondering when I install my RE Hack and Tap if adding cam bolts would be enough to adj the pinion angle.

Thanks,

Justin
Justin,

I have a pair of RE rear upper adjustable control arms I will make a heck of a deal on if you are interested. Freshly rebuilt too. Let me know.

Todd