Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 12-29-2006, 08:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to John Send a message via AIM to John Send a message via Yahoo to John
If you spin wrenches

You have got to get a set of these
Old 12-29-2006, 09:03 AM

Pretty funny, someone had a great idea with those.

However, the auction on them has ended so after a split-second view of the item, it goes to a blank "auction ended" screen. You can still see it however by clicking on the browser's Stop button as soon as the item displays to prevent the browser from leaving that page.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

I think the DC dealership I use to frequent used them.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Olson
I think the DC dealership I use to frequent used them.
That's what my dealership did recently, they rolled the diagnostic dice... four times. My wife's JGC is covered by an extended warranty so when it started idling roughly and erratically, I took it in and gave the Service Writer my reasons why I thought it was the throttle position sensor going out. He got pretty arrogant and basicaly told me I didn't know what I was talking about.

They rolled the dice... multiple times. To fix that one problem, they said it "definitely" needed:

-Fuel injectior cleaning service
-Throttle body cleaning service
-New spark plugs
-New 02 sensor

So obviously they rolled the dice not once to fix the one problem, they rolled them four times.

When I told them to go pound sand and give me my keys back, they tried to charge me a $100 diagnostic fee. I told them again to go pound sand, they hadn't even diagnosed it yet... the Service Writer just shotgunned a whole bunch of expensive services... that by the way weren't covered by our service contract. They didn't get their $100, that is for sure.

I installed the TPS I bought that day and fixed the problem, then dropped the defective TPS off on the GM's desk. He agreed they screwed up but didn't offer to pay for the TPS.

Yep, dice rollers have taken over the service departments.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Bransford

Yep, dice rollers have taken over the service departments.
It's not just Jeep dealers, either. We've been fighting a surging/low power problem with my wife's Rodeo. Three trips to the dealer (so far) and they've replaced the EGR valve (not covered under warranty), a gasket on the transmission (how is that going to cause the surging???), and on the last trip we got the typical "couldn't duplicate the problem." Several months ago the fan clutch started making noise. My wife took it in, and even though she specifically told them it was the fan clutch, when she picked it up they told her they replaced the radiator cap. Needless to say, I took it back down and stuck the service writer's head under the hood so he could comprehend what I was telling him....

Too bad there is only one Isuzu dealer in town.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt