Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 02-17-2007, 03:22 PM

No more vibes when rack is removed

I had what I considered an annoying vibration during acceleration and at certain highway speeds. The vibration showed up after my recent 4 inch lift install and tummy tuck. I?ve been adjusting the suspension trying to reduce the vibration and made some progress however the vibration was still very annoying.

Well, today it went away completely when I removed my long-ago installed full-length Wilderness Rack!? My best guess is that the rack was somehow resonating and amplifying vibrations from the drivetrain.

Anyway ? this was so strange I thought I?d share it with others.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Re: No more vibes when rack is removed

Quote:
Originally posted by Patenter
I had what I considered an annoying vibration during acceleration and at certain highway speeds. The vibration showed up after my recent 4 inch lift install and tummy tuck. I?ve been adjusting the suspension trying to reduce the vibration and made some progress however the vibration was still very annoying.

Well, today it went away completely when I removed my long-ago installed full-length Wilderness Rack!? My best guess is that the rack was somehow resonating and amplifying vibrations from the drivetrain.

Anyway ? this was so strange I thought I?d share it with others.
Any poly in your mounts? Body, control arm, motor or tranny?
Old 02-17-2007, 08:42 PM

Blaine,

Basically, I have MORE bombproof motor mounts, aluminum puck body lift w/ stock mounts, 33 Engineering tranny skid on frame w/ stock tranny mount, Currie control arms & springs, RE track bars, OME shocks and steering stabilizer, Currie HD steering, and TW CV shaft

Any poly that I need to be aware of?
Old 02-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Patenter
Blaine,

Basically, I have MORE bombproof motor mounts, aluminum puck body lift w/ stock mounts, 33 Engineering tranny skid on frame w/ stock tranny mount, Currie control arms & springs, RE track bars, OME shocks and steering stabilizer, Currie HD steering, and TW CV shaft

Any poly that I need to be aware of?
If you need to run the rack for some reason, switch back to the stock motor mounts and get your rear driveshaft re-balanced.