Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff

Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff Anything legal you want to purchase or get rid off, let fellow jeepers know about it here

Old 06-18-2004, 02:48 PM

AZ: Streetable XJ rockcrawler project f/s or trade

Hi all: Bit of an unusual situation here. I've immersed myself in a project that's proving to be a little over my head in terms of fabrication, equipment and, frankly, knowledge. I've acccumulated -- and spent a small fortune on -- a lot of good parts. What I'd like to do is sell the entire thing outright or, even better, trade to someone for a project that's more workable for my skill level. Basically, a running, street-legal rig I can modify as I go.

Here's what I have in my garage:

-- 1986 XJ Cherokee, four-door. The body is in near-perfect condition, already primed and ready for paint. All glass, doors, etc. are there. Interior is all there, but has been completely gutted for cleanup, coating, etc. All drivetrain is pulled. Has good title.

-- Chevy 4.3 Vortech, 4l60e (OD auto tranny) and np233 (driver drop) case. All were pulled from a rolled 2003 S-10 Blazer with less than 20k miles. Also have 4.3 exhaust and complete stock Blazer wiring harness.

-- 1978 F250 hp44 front axle, brand new rebuild with 0 miles. Full-width, brand-new Detroit locker, brand-new 5.13 gears, all new seals, bearings, ball joints, etc. Both flat knuckles, drilled and tapped. Setup for leaf spring front.

-- Rear axle is a standard D60, it's been disassembled and cleaned, but needs brakes, gears and locker (was planning discs, 5.13s and welded).

-- Four (4) nearly new 37x12.5x15 MT/Rs (~98% tread) on brand-new 15x8, eight-lug raw steel wheels. Plus new fifth wheel with no tire. Mounted and balanced.

-- Four (4) nearly new Rancho 9012 shocks.

-- 1 set of nearly set Rancho 44044 springs for the front.

Various other odds and ends (904 tranny, 14-bolt sf housing, remnants of old 2.8 V6, etc.).

As I said, perfect scenario would be someone looking for a project to build. I've basically got all the big pieces. All you need is some time (and tube) to put it all together. I'd be willing to trade for a running 4-wheel-drive vehicle that's either partially built or whatever (Jeep, Toy, etc.). Willing to add cash to a trade to make the deal fair for everyone.

Need local buyer/trader preferably and I will help do whatever to get the chassis rolling and on your trailer. I don't know what to ask as far as price goes, but I understand the rules. I have nearly $6k in parts and the vehicle if that helps.

I don't have to sell it, but I don't know that I can complete the project in the foreseeable future and I'm ready to wheel now. If you're looking for a project and care to make a fair offer or trade, please let me know. PM or contact me directly at dbozman@mcfarlane.com. Feel free to call: 480.236.5257.

Thanks for your time and sorry for the long read.
dion
Old 06-18-2004, 03:14 PM

Damn dude - you probably should never sold that YJ huh. Hopefully you get a deal worked out. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:59 PM

LOL, Robert. Yeah, if I had it to do all over, I'd have kept that rig. Man, do I feel stupid for selling it ...
d
Old 06-22-2004, 07:27 PM

DION!!!

Haven't heard from you in ages!! As a matter of fact I tossed your name around on a thread the other day about Anaconda. Sure miss some of those pics you use to post.

Geez, the General is gone huh. (I miss that star. LOL) Some fortunate wheeler got themselves a super rig!

Anyways, nothing to contribute as far as your thread goes, just some babbling by me.

Good luck making a deal with somebody.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:14 AM

Hey, Joe, was right in the middle of finalizing the r&p setup on my front axle last night when you called.

I actually sold that rig to someone on this board from Idaho, though his name escapes me at the moment. Man, that's one of the biggest mistakes I ever made; wish I had it to do over that's for sure.
dion
Old 07-15-2004, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blatant

I actually sold that rig to someone on this board from Idaho, though his name escapes me at the moment. Man, that's one of the biggest mistakes I ever made; wish I had it to do over that's for sure.
dion
Dion,

That person would be me. Was wondering if you'd ever regret parting with it or ever get an itch to get back into the sport again. Are you changing your mind again or just looking for something else?

BTW, I still have the YJ with no plans to ever unload it. In fact, just ordered a set of 39.5" Iroks and 17" Allied beadlocks for it since I've finally destroyed the MTR's. If you'd like to see it in action for good ole times sake, there's some pics of it out on the trails in Idaho on our Club's run reports page http://www.idaho4x4.com/runs.asp

Take care and good luck with the XJ,