Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > BBS Suggestions and Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

BBS Suggestions and Support Communicate back to JeepBBS stuff, let us know how we can improve this site. In this section you can also read important announcements from board admin

Old 06-18-2002, 07:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to mudpup Send a message via Yahoo to mudpup
Anyone ever in Chat?

does anyone use the chat that is on the main page?
Old 06-18-2002, 08:21 PM
Reggae

I used it once...
Or twice... :)
Old 06-19-2002, 09:12 AM

I stumbled into it a few times. I've never seen anybody in their (I was home alone). #Rocks = goose eggs :(

Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:15 PM

Maybe should schedule a Group Chat on a paticular subject matter. Give Time and Date. and see if any takers. Assign a Host etc.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Reggae

Ok. Let's do it. Today's group chat is scheduled for 3PM Pacific. Our host is DrLaura.

Subject: things women do to mess up their lives
Old 06-19-2002, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
Ok. Let's do it. Today's group chat is scheduled for 3PM Pacific. Our host is DrLaura.

Subject: things women do to mess up their lives
There's a lot said there. And a lot unsaid. And beyond that, a lot that shouldn't even be considered.
:D:D:D
Old 06-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Reggae

It's 3PM !!!
Old 06-19-2002, 03:31 PM
Reggae

Well that was interesting, here is a transcript for those of you who missed the chat:

[DrLaura] Hello!
* DrLaura is waiting
--> emills has joined #rocks
[DrLaura] Hello emils
[emills] hola
[DrLaura] What is your question?
[emills] nothing at ll
[emills] just checking in
[DrLaura] I am my kids mom.
[BenDover] DrLaura, I have a question
[DrLaura] Go ahead Ben
[BenDover] I am just kidding I don't have a question.
[BenDover] In fact I think this chat sucks.
<-- BenDover has left #rocks
[DrLaura] People like that Ben make me sick...
--> Jason has joined #rocks
[DrLaura] emils, how many kds do you have, and what are their ages?
[Jason] Hi Dr. Laura. I don't think emils is in chat. the # of rocks says so
<-- emills has left #rocks
[DrLaura] Hello, Jason. Than you for calling... joining our chat!
[DrLaura] If you're gay or lesbian, it's a biological error that inhibits you from relating normally to the opposite sex.
[Jason] UH???????????
[ChrisNorton] Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
[ChrisNorton] I am my kids mom.
[Jason] gotta go. wouldn't you know it. I start to have fun at work and now I must work.
[DrLaura] Sure thing, Jason, can I send you "I am my kids mom" T-Shirt?
<-- Jason has left #rocks
[ChrisNorton] How do you keep a relationship fresh and alive?
[DrLaura] A couple shouldn?t leave courtship behind when they say, ?I do?. Courting behaviors need to continue?sending nice notes, flirting with your spouse, anticipating and fulfilling his/her needs. Marriage is work. We have to put a lot of energy into doing our best to make each other comfortable, secure, and happy.
[ChrisNorton] How do you relieve financial stresses in a relationship?
[DrLaura] It?s important to share a common view and expectation as to what constitutes a good time and what it takes to make you happy. If you?re both happy with taking a walk or just settling down together after the kids are in bed, the lack of resources for entertainment shouldn?t stress you out. Further, if you share common goals and values, you are investing whatever resources you have in a joint venture, and the satisfaction derived from that can take couples a long way. Doing nice things for each other to show gratitude for sacrifice and appreciation for being loved don?t have to cost money?like cooking a favorite dinner or drawing a hot bath. Also, if the couple has had a frank discussion about money ahead of time (see answer # 1), money matters will not be as difficult to resolve.
[ChrisNorton] Dr. Laura, do you want to hear a joke?
[DrLaura] Why, of course, Chris!
[ChrisNorton] A young man had just purchased his dream car, a BMW convertible, and was having trouble tuning the radio to a station he wanted. He went back to the dealer and found the salesperson and complained about the radio.
[ChrisNorton] This is a very sophisticated car the salesperson said and there is no requirement to use the buttons or dials. You merely give voice commands to whatever type of program you desire.
[ChrisNorton] The man headed out on the highway and said country music and right away Garth Brooks was singing. Then he said oldies and Fats Domino was singing Blue Berry Hill.
[ChrisNorton] A few minutes later a woman in a Cadillac cut him off in traffic. He said,"Stupid,inconsiderate bitch," The radio paused for a couple of seconds and then he heard,"Hello again and welcome back the the program. This is Dr. Laura."
[DrLaura] This is dispeakable! :-E You are a very bad young man, Chris Norton!
[ChrisNorton] DrLaura, How many single mothers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
[DrLaura] NONE! If they didn't have the moral fortitude to keep their marriage together so there'd be a man around the house to do that sort of thing for them, they deserve to sit in the dark! And don't tell me they didn't know the bulb was going to burn out when they bought it. They knew ALL ALONG!!! They just wanted something cheap they could screw in so they get what they deserve!! I guess they'll just have to eat more carrots!!
[ChrisNorton] How many bunchkin's does it take to screw in a light bulb?
[DrLaura] NONE!! As long as I'm my kid's mom he won't set foot near an electrical socket until he's at least 18 and even then, come hell or high water, he's going to be married before he screws ANYTHING!
[ChrisNorton] What is the difference between a teenager who gets a nosering and a teenager who strangles her newborn baby on Prom Night?
[DrLaura] No difference.
[ChrisNorton] DrLaura, Is it true you are going to appear on the Simpsons this year as Monty Burn's ugly, evil twin sister? And that you'll use hynotism to steal Ned Flanders away from his family to impregnate you? And then start a national radio call-in show? And make Ned convert to your religion and abandon his kids?
[DrLaura] No comment!
[DrLaura] Your questions are sickening. THIS CHAT IS OVER!!!