Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up EZ-Flip Sneak Peek

Being a lucky dog I am, I got one of the very first production models of the license plate bracket that mounts on the winch fairlead.

It is called EZ-Flip, and made by my friends at Tough Stuff Products, Inc.

When you need to use the winch, you just flip the bracket up, and springs hold it out of the way.

The thingy is good looking, and installation was a snap. Look for the EZ-Flip in the off road stores near you very soon.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Old 12-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Banned for being bad

Hay that looks like MB's only with the flip
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Palese
Hay that looks like MB's only with the flip
There is a very good reason for that.

Also, patent is pending on the EZ-Flip design.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Very cool so long as it's reasonably priced. Though it'd be hard to beat the cost of a $5 set of Mag-Lite flashlight holder clips that many of us use.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Reggae

But where do you attach the $5 flashlight clips license plate holder, while the winch is in use? This one flips out of the way.

Also, I can beat the price of your $5 holder with a $0 holder; I had run before this one.

This accessorily is from the same bunch as the ones you say, "I would pay triple, if it could [do this, this, and that]", about. Obviously not for somebody who budgets every dollar, but would definitely make a cool gift.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
Very cool so long as it's reasonably priced. Though it'd be hard to beat the cost of a $5 set of Mag-Lite flashlight holder clips that many of us use.
l

Until you leave your front plate on the trail, or someone steals it!

Sergey - I thought is was some kinda middle finger extender/holder for flipping off your spotter
Old 12-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Reggae

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Sergey - I thought is was some kinda middle finger extender/holder for flipping off your spotter
Jeff, this is actually a reverse spotter-flipping accessory. Another words, when the spotter sees that you are not going through a section of trail, he or she can flip your EZ-Flip up, which means, "hook the winch up".

Notice which way the flipping action is pointing. It's pointing towards driver! Finally! Spotters can get revenge on drivers who flip them, and don't even have to raise the finger!
Old 12-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
l

Until you leave your front plate on the trail, or someone steals it!

Dude I was only checking the direction of the wind that day, MB had the sun and dust in his eye's and that is what he thinks he seen.
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 03:44 PM

The only wind you were checking Don is that which you personally emitted upon standing your rig up.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
The only wind you were checking Don is that which you personally emitted upon standing your rig up.

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
- you owe me a laptop as I just spit water all over mine....
Old 12-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Reasonably priced is always in the eye of the money holder. This product was developed to combat the few times my friends have left their plates on the trail from the maglite clip style.

That always turns into a big cluster trying to get them back to their owners. It was also developed for the guy that wants something just a bit different than what his buddy has. Hence the use of stainless steel and marine grade clips along with custom wound stainless steel springs.

If you're the zip tie and mag clip kind of guy, this probably won't appeal to you. The laser cutting and stainless hardware pretty much can't compare price wise to the mag clips. They weren't intended to either.

OTOH- If you have a special lady looking to toss something in your stocking that she doesn't have to do tons of research on and still would like to get you something nice for your rig, this will fill that bill quite nicely.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
OTOH- If you have a special lady looking to toss something in your stocking that she doesn't have to do tons of research on and still would like to get you something nice for your rig, this will fill that bill quite nicely.

Dropping hints?
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:42 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hey Sergey, that looks a lot like the one on my Jeep (without a license plate.)

What do you think? Same source / design engineer or what?

I love this thing and I don't even "have to" have a front plate here in Kentucky. I have one now though.

They just re-did the plates and those with vanity plates get to keep their old plate for the front if they want.

Heck I think it looks good up there and certainly can be flipped up out of the way in about 200 mSec. to use the winch without getting lost.

Frank

PS: I think someone needs to get a vanity plate that says EZ-FLIP....
Old 12-09-2003, 07:09 PM
The king of shotgun debate

FYI

For those who may be wondering, the EZ-Flip works great with the Warn Bush Bar on the Jeep too.

It flips up past 90 degrees even with the bush bar on, well out of the way of the geometry of my winch line.

Frank

PS: Yes that orange colored stuff you see in spots on my Jeep is rust, in case you SoCal folks have never seen it before.
But none on the EZ-Flip. I just love Stainless Steel!
Old 12-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

FWIW, the mag-lite clips tend to get brittle after awhile and like to break when you don't want them to. Hence, my front plate now rides in the back seat. It sounds like these marine grade clips are better suited to the task. If one were to break, your plate is not going to be going anywhere either. It is a nifty idea for sure!
Old 12-10-2003, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Weston
FWIW, the mag-lite clips tend to get brittle after awhile and like to break when you don't want them to. Hence, my front plate now rides in the back seat. It sounds like these marine grade clips are better suited to the task. If one were to break, your plate is not going to be going anywhere either. It is a nifty idea for sure!
Jeff, the marine grade clips are a little surprising. They are less than half as wide on the clip finger, but have more grip force on the roller. I was a little surprised at the quality of them.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:03 AM

Cool

Mmmmm, why in the world would y'all put license plates on the front of the Jeep anyway

Silly State

Fred
Suspension - 4.5" Currie Suspension Lift + 2" PA body lift, RS9000 Shocks, Currie front adjustable track bar. Currie Tie Rod and Drag Link, Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar, Currie control arms. RE adjustable rear track bar.
Axles & Lockers - Dana30/Dana44; LockRite/Full Detroit; 4.56.
Drivetrain - AA SYE and CV Driveshaft, Tera 2wd lo.
Armor - Full
Wheels - 35x12.50 R15 MT/R's sipped on 15x7 Champion Beadlocks.
Recovery - Warn XD9000i
Old 12-10-2003, 07:13 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Mark Hinkley
Cool idea for not loosing the plate however,

A big problem with it is you can't easily see the rope/wire spooling up. Can be a problem in almost all winching situations.

My solution to the problem, No front plate. (Ya, I know the responses already, it's illegal I'll get a ticket, just deal with it or tow it)

hinkley
Old 12-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthTJ
Mmmmm, why in the world would y'all put license plates on the front of the Jeep anyway

Silly State

Fred
Not only are they required, but they are cracking down on violators. Another reason used to convince you to give up your right to search and seizure.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:46 AM

Cool

Ahhh, that's a bummer.
When I first moved out here to AZ, front plates where required.
Sometime ago, they changed it though.

Fred
Suspension - 4.5" Currie Suspension Lift + 2" PA body lift, RS9000 Shocks, Currie front adjustable track bar. Currie Tie Rod and Drag Link, Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar, Currie control arms. RE adjustable rear track bar.
Axles & Lockers - Dana30/Dana44; LockRite/Full Detroit; 4.56.
Drivetrain - AA SYE and CV Driveshaft, Tera 2wd lo.
Armor - Full
Wheels - 35x12.50 R15 MT/R's sipped on 15x7 Champion Beadlocks.
Recovery - Warn XD9000i
Old 12-10-2003, 08:19 AM

The vision concern is a breeze to fix, 15 seconds drilling a 1/4" hole and a bolt with 2 nuts. Fully adjustable to any desired viewing angle

Actually, you seldom stand directly in front of the winch like the camera angle anyway, I hold the cable with my right hand and stand slightly angled and can see the spool fine.

HB

NRA Lifetime Member
Old 12-10-2003, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Jerry - did you change your last name from Bransfordstein?

Jeff
Old 12-10-2003, 11:57 AM

Quote:
- you owe me a laptop as I just spit water all over mine....
...good luck collecting

Have anymore smart comments Don?
Old 12-10-2003, 05:53 PM

Quote:
....Bransfordstein?
Hey, I take offense to that - I'm half Jewish........

......I got the poor half.

J/K - No offense taken.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt