Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Get Out and Wheel

Get Out and Wheel Head 'em up and move 'em out! We're getting ready for a trail ride! Find a trail ride for your local or not so local area here. You can also post information about upcoming runs and off-road events in this section

Old 06-03-2003, 01:13 AM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
I'd be up for staying and playing more on sunday. That's if my 33s and open front can handle the "harder stuff". Chris, let me know, this will be my first time down there.

Brian.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:05 AM

Brian,
You'll do fine. My first time there I was on 30's, no lift, Open, & it snowed. Straps were my friend on Dangerous Hill. I've since been back on my 31's and Locked and really have no problem. I still will not do "El Hill". That hill just plain scares me.

Jason
Old 06-03-2003, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by blkTJ
I'd be up for staying and playing more on sunday. That's if my 33s and open front can handle the "harder stuff". Chris, let me know, this will be my first time down there.

Brian.
I ran tobogan with 33's open front and LS rear. In fact I did it the first time by accident.

I'll post details on the trails in little bit. I've seen the doctor, so now I need to confirm the officer.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:09 AM

Okay, here's the plan,

Some of us (south county) are meeting for pie for breakfast. We will depart the pie for breakfast place around 9 for a liesure drive to the gas station and then to the campground.

We will leave the campground at 10AM sharp going up the road towards the fire tower. We will stop at the fire tower and the ceremony will be done there: it's an awesome view up there. From there, the trails are up to anyone's choice. Since my wife is going along, and daughter, and some others are bringing "delicate" passengers, I will be going down dangerous road, out through four corners and up to the camp ground. dangerous road is easy, and for those that want to break off and run towards tobagon, dangerous road ends at four corners.

If I was staying late, and didn't have passengers, I'd run tobagon. It'll be interesting to hear Chris' comments on it with his new rear anti rock, I'm sure that dual antirocks make things super duper smooooth...

At the campground, I'm gonna BBQ a little, and if anyone wants to bring some stuff to throw on the grill, they sure can. I'll be hanging out for a while, but not camping this time.

All are welcome!
Old 06-05-2003, 01:44 AM

This is great... I'm really looking forward to meeting those I haven't, wheeling with those I have and seeing the few I've wheeled with before.

Let me know if anyone plans on camping, if not I'm gonna leave the stuff at home.

Count me in for the BBQ, I'll bring something to throw on the grill. Let me know if anything else is needed.

Brian.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:45 PM

Looks like about 10 people, so I'll bring 10 somethings for the ceremony thing.

Old 06-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Reggae

10 round of "somethings" is California limit anyway
Old 06-05-2003, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by William
Looks like about 10 people, so I'll bring 10 somethings for the ceremony thing.

Ok. I'll start the Roll call.
Me + 2. I would like my boys to witness this ceremony.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:40 AM

It looks like it will be

William
Reenlisting officer
Sean
Tobject
Scott
Jason
BlkTJ

Possibles are:
Anders
Chris L

If anyone else is going, please, let me know.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:33 AM
AA reject

I am 95% sure I'm going. Have to do some last minute stuff to the jeep. Wont be camping. Any thoughts on what the weather will be like? I am just running 1/2 doors w/jammer.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:01 AM

Weather for Warner Springs area

Should be nice and comfee.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:04 PM
AA reject

Anybody have an extra magnetic cb antanea I could borrow?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:31 PM

chris, i won't be able to make this run, but I do have some portable/magnetic CB goodies if you need 'em
Old 06-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Reggae

That was a very nice run. Thank you William and Fred.
It was great we could witness the ceremony.

This was an easy run, except for the half of the group that went to the Tobagon, and probably still on the trail at the time I am posting this.

We went to the tower for the ceremony, and then down Dangerous road, and back to camp for barbeque. Cheesy links and Jewish Pork. Very tasty.

I got a word that my waypoint for the campground was not correct. I am trying to track this down. Maybe I am using the wrong map datum or something.

Here are the Lat/Lon coordinates I posted:

Degrees: N33.27268 W116.54231
Degrees, Minutes: N33 16.3608' W116 32.5386'
Degrees, Minutes, Seconds: N33 16' 21.648" W116 32' 32.316"

Can somebody help me troubleshoot. Thanks!
TopoZone link:
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=...lon=-116.54231
Old 06-07-2003, 08:32 PM

Thanks William

I had fun. We arrived a late but still made it in time to wittness the ceremony. Yes, I should have stayed to run Tobagon. I'll hear it from Scott later. The traffic I hit on the way home confirmed why I left. I made it home to still host the BBQ we had planned. But, live to run it again later. Tobject, the true GPS point for the LCIR campground I got was
N 33.16.319 W 116.32.620.
We kinda got Brian worried about what he was in for. Trust me, Scott will get you into a lot of things but, he will get you home safe. Let us know how it was.
Jason
Old 06-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Reggae

Well, with those numbers, I must conclude that somebody put my coordinates in their GPS wrong. I do apologize posting them [the coordinates] in the form of decimal degrees.

What is the most acceptable form?
Old 06-08-2003, 12:36 AM

Re: Thanks William

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason L Williams
...We kinda got Brian worried about what he was in for. Trust me, Scott will get you into a lot of things but, he will get you home safe. Let us know how it was.
Jason
well, I'll tell ya, it was a blast. I wimped out at "el hill" but will try it eventually. Scott had a bit of fun with Chris and the laws of gravity. Tobbogan was interesting to say the least. Scott can chime in about his ride down. Here's a piture of mine...how to remove a mirror

William, thanks for gettin us down there and allowing us to be a part of your day. I had a great time.

Brian.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
Well, with those numbers, I must conclude that somebody put my coordinates in their GPS wrong.
Oops. I did. I just took your first set and input those. It must have been late. I took a look at your post again and now they make sense.
Sorry. I recant my "those points were about 20 miles off" statement.
Chris, what did you input?
Old 06-09-2003, 08:12 AM
AA reject

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason L Williams

Chris, what did you input?
Here is what I originally went by;
N33.27268 W116.54231

Here is what I had at the gate;
N33 15.347
W116 34.568
Old 06-09-2003, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
.......and Jewish Pork. Very tasty.
Sergey, I just have to ask about this

Congrats William.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:22 AM

It was an easy, and simple run. I'm very pleased and thankfull to all those who took the time to come out and see the ceremony.

It was an uneventfull day, though I watched Sergey take the correct line over a big log.. Being a little foolish, I tried to take it strait on and got hung up on it, and polished my front driveshaft a little. But, all in fun. We went back to the campground and did a little BBQ action and remincsed over the "old" LCIR days.

Beyond thanks to those who attended, I'd like to thank Fred McDavit, (Desert Fox) who preformed the ceremony.

A lot has changed in the world, and personnally between the last time (July 2001) and now. And I'll probably not be wheeling much after August. And this was 4 years worth of signing.. which was a little daunting. I actually lost a lot of sleep on wether to stay or go. But as my wife poked my ribs on the way up the hill, it was "to late to turn back". So, it was a pretty big deal in many respects.

Overall a nice day. I wanted to run tobogan, but, with new soft top, and wife and daughter in tow, I figured it was best to cut out... Kept things on a happy note, it did!

I'm looking forward to squeezing in a few good runs between now and then.

Thanks again for all that showed up for this, I appreciate the support. I hope the stickers and phaplette were cool.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Reggae

Smile Jewish Pork

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
Sergey, I just have to ask about this
That is what I've been served, and I liked it. It was tasty. I don't know how it is made.

I have a picture in my head of a Rabbi, wearing traditional Jewish clothing, slaughtering a pig, by smacking it on the head with a menorah. But I am willing to bet this is not how they actually do it.