Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-21-2002, 08:49 AM

A couple of TPS questions???

I believe I drowned my TPS. The best I can tell is the orange wire closest to the driver side is reference voltage about 5.15 volts, the middle orange wire (I think) is signal return. Dont know purpose of the wire closest to the pass. side.. What should the middle orange wire voltage reading be KOEO( key on engine off). at idle and at WOT. And am I checking this voltage on the correct wire???? Thanks alot for any advice...Chuck

I know, I know I am going to order my FSM payday.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:36 AM

Of the three wires going to the TPS one is a sensor ground, one is sensor input voltage, and the other one is the signal return/sense wire. Normally I don't think the sense wire should ever have the same voltage as either the input voltage or the sensor ground but vary within the two voltages at maybe 85% or so.