Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-17-2002, 05:23 AM
Banned

Looks like quite a few people had a lot of fun, the pics look great. I went to To's link and it reminded me of pass memories which are great to have.

Some one mentioned that you broke away from the actual JJ group. This is the best that could of happened. Hope the dust was down to a minimum but I guess you S.Cal people are used to this
Old 08-17-2002, 07:09 AM

I've had the oportunity to do The Rubicon once. We went from Spider Lake to Rubicon Springs and back one day. It was great fun but harder than I thought it would be from the trip reports I had read. When we got to the Big Sluice the guys said the Jeep Safaris took the trail to the left as it was easier. We took the trail to the right and I think they called it the True Sluice, but I'm a bit confused. Going down was not too difficult but coming back up did present some challenges. The line the guy took before you was rarely the same one offered to you, due to big rocks moving around on the trail. At one point I was following Hyperman and he hooked up with a perfectly shaped oblong rock that levered the front of his Jeep up like a huge floor jack. Cool!
Anyhow, I can't imagine doing that section without some rock rash. It was the funnest part of the trail for me. Did you guys go up through there? Me getting lost within our semi-lost group going out the Warner Springs route was fun also. It's just plain old "hard not to have fun" when traversing new territory!
Ron
Old 08-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Reggae

I added my gas receipts from the trip together: $159.54
Not bad.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepKat

And which part of the trail did that happen on? I checked all of my mounts and I didn't tag any of them. I did manage to hit the right rear corner, thank goodness for those Currie Tail Bones or I would have to put on rear corner panels.
I saw Ander's bumper take a few hits in this spot too, or he would have had the same fate.

If you look at Anders Web page, there's a picture of me playing on a big huge rock. When I came down off the rock, is probably when I tweaked them.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJRON
When we got to the Big Sluice the guys said the Jeep Safaris took the trail to the left as it was easier. We took the trail to the right and I think they called it the True Sluice, but I'm a bit confused......
.......It was the funnest part of the trail for me. Did you guys go up through there?
Ron
No one answered my question?
Old 08-21-2002, 07:11 PM
Reggae

We did not go through there. We wanted to come back and run it on the second day, but then we got other plans.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
We did not go through there. We wanted to come back and run it on the second day, but then we got other plans.
Bummer.......