Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 06-18-2005, 05:33 PM

How important is it to have US made rotors?

I am trying to find a set of rotors for a Warn hub conversion, but no one seems to sell a cast rotor made in the USA. It isn't like they don't have them in stock, they don't carry them at all. I went to 4 auto parts places (all the chains in town) and the only cast ones I could find are made in China (the US made ones were all composite). One guy tried to tell me Raybestos no longer makes rotors here, only off shore, and said the brand they sell was a Chinese subsidary of Raybestos (and just as good).

I do have a lead on one shop that isn't open on weekends that is supposed to carry Wagner rotors, but if they don't carry them I am running out places to check. I would hate to buy them out of state (shipping), but does anyone know where I can get them online?

Thanks-
Old 06-19-2005, 03:28 PM

I found them locally at O'Reillys, but the phone is your friend on finding these. If there is any doubt or hesitation, tell them to grab some calipers and measure the flange. If you don't get the .25 thickness, then they are not what your after. Most places try to cross reference the part and give you something else, obviously you know not to do that.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Re: How important is it to have US made rotors?

Quote:
Originally posted by TJeeper
I am trying to find a set of rotors for a Warn hub conversion, but no one seems to sell a cast rotor made in the USA. It isn't like they don't have them in stock, they don't carry them at all. I went to 4 auto parts places (all the chains in town) and the only cast ones I could find are made in China (the US made ones were all composite). One guy tried to tell me Raybestos no longer makes rotors here, only off shore, and said the brand they sell was a Chinese subsidary of Raybestos (and just as good).

I do have a lead on one shop that isn't open on weekends that is supposed to carry Wagner rotors, but if they don't carry them I am running out places to check. I would hate to buy them out of state (shipping), but does anyone know where I can get them online?

Thanks-
I have a slightly used set of OEM cast I can send you. 70 bucks shipped. Only because I know shipping will be high, but I gotta get something for my time and packaging.