Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff Anything legal you want to purchase or get rid off, let fellow jeepers know about it here

Old 11-10-2003, 08:45 PM

Built Jeep for sale

1985 Jeep CJ7. Well built ground up restoration. Everything is new or rebuilt. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!

Drivetrain Engine: 4.0L HO out of 95' ZJ. Factory Headers, Turbo City air tube with K&N. Engine had 38K On it when it went it. Has 50K on it now. New wiring harness in the engine when installed.

Tranny: Dodge NV4500. 5.61:1 first gear. Tranny has 2K on it. Transfer case: Dana 300 with clocking ring and twin sticks. HD 1/4" skid plate. Complete one piece and bent to contour the frame rails.

Axles: Custom Dana 44s. 5.13s, Detroit Softlockers front and rear, 2K on the axles, gears, and lockers. Everything was replaced in the axles. Warn Premium lockouts on the front. T&Js diff cover. Spare axle shafts for front and rear. I have inners and outers as well as two spare rear shafts. Front inner axle knuckles were rotated to allow 6 degrees of caster.

Driveshafts: Front is a custom 18" long travel spline shaft. Rear is a HD CV Tom Woods shaft. Both have 1310 joints. Spare rear CV driveshaft.

Steering: Highsteering setup. 1-1/8" HD tie rods and draglink. GM one ton Tie rod ends. Shakerbuilt highsteering arms. HD Big Daddy Off-road Steering brace bracket with 5/8" bolt through the frame to hold bracket in place on top of beefed mounting brackets. New power steering box.

Suspension 1" Body lift. SOA. Front perches were outboarded outside the frame with shackle reversal. Stock Grand Waggie springs up front, Rubicon Express 1.5" SOA springs in the rear. Front Rancho 9012s. Full 14" of travel out of these shocks with this setup. Rear Rancho 9000s.

Interior: Herculined Tub, Custom six point roll cage including family cage extended over rear seat. Jamboree rack that ties into the cage and tub to keep the weight off the tire carrier. Dual Superseats with Simpson 3" racing harnesses tied into the cage and floor. Autometer guages, Tuffy center console with Sony Highpower deck. Overhead CB mount. Hand throttle. Rear Fold and tumble seat with belts. Optima Yellow Top. Full carpet kit.

Exterior: Pewter Metallic paint job. Has ONE trail scar on the driver's side cowl. It is VERY minor. Just some scuffs, but they have been paint matched. 1/2doors painted to match. Near new Bestop Replacement top with clear windows. 4XDoctor rocker guards, TJ Flares, front fenders are untouched and perfect(amazingly). Warn x8000i. The 1st pic will show an 8274-50, but that winch is NOT included. The x8000i in the other pics is new, with a new winch cable and mount. Custom rear tire carrier. 37x12.5x15 Goodyear MTRs with about 85% tread left on Mickey Thompson Classic IIs(have rock rash). Full Size spare on custom Tire carrier with dual Destaco latches.

Tops: Bikini top, windjammer, Safari top, Best top replacement top in great shape.

Misc: highlift mounted to jamboree rack, Rock lights, custom front shock hoops, No rust, except a small portion at the base of the original roll bar which has been treated with POR15, and is solid. Kilby Gas tank skid. 20 gallon tank. In tank fuel pump.

What it needs: On Board Air. Don't ask me why, but I haven't gotten around to it. It has the factory Sanden A/C compressor on the engine, so it just needs a tank, fittings, hoses, and valves and you are ready to go. Thats just about all it needs. Kilby is a friend, and I can forward you to him if you want the OBA info.

This Jeep is Hammers/Johnson Valley tested, and was built for just that reason. Its run every trail out there, and didn't back off the tougher lines.

I can drive this Jeep at 80mph on the freeway with no worries. Its smooth, predictable, and very stable. It would have no problem making a cross country trip. I have driven it 600 miles to the Rubicon trail, wheeled it, and then drove it home 600 miles with no problems. I have roughly $35K+ into this Jeep since purchased(some of that was into the old axles, tranny, and misc stuff), but since purchased I'm easily $35K into it. I am sure that I have left out a lot of stuff, but that is all I can remember at this point.

Pictures can be seen at:
Pics here:

If pics don't show I can send you the link via email. If you have questions please email me your phone number and I will call you back.

I recently added some full length wrap around corner panels with LED 61 diode tail/brake lights. I also just had both driveshafts rebuilt as well as the spare shaft. These shafts are basically brand new and were built by JE Reel in Pomona, CA last week (11/5/03).

Price is $16Kobo

Scotty

More pics: