Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 03-08-2009, 11:38 AM

Apparently Johnson Valley is infrequently used - Emails needed

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 8, 2009
By Wayne Nosala
Mark Howlett

Contact Harry Baker
PFJV Chair
818-370-3582
Harry@PFJV.org

DIANNE FEINSTEIN STAFF INDICATES JOHNSON VALLEY IS INFREQUENTLY USED BY RECREATING PUBLIC
The Partnership for Johnson Valley urges users of Johnson Valley to email Senator Feinstein?s office with a personal message to keep the 189,000-acre multiple-use area as public land

Glendale, CA - The Partnership for Johnson Valley (PFJV) has recently become aware that United States Senator, Dianne Feinstein has been briefed that Johnson Valley sees little use from the public. The information, while ill-advised, supports the highly controversial marine base acquisition of the popular Johnson Valley. Unfortunately, the information given to Senator Feinstein?s office is unfounded and lacks specific stakeholder-use data that has already been disclosed to multiple public agencies including The San Bernardino County Supervisor Brad Mitzelfeld, the US Marine Corps and adjoining townships to Johnson Valley.

?A meeting has been scheduled with Feinstein?s staff on Tuesday, March 10th to discuss the multiple users of Johnson Valley as well as other issues,? says Harry Baker, Chair of the Partnership. The PFJV leadership team have traveled throughout California over the last twelve months advising agencies as well as stakeholder groups regarding the possible closure of the Johnson Valley desert land. The Partnership has documented there are over 750,000 annual usage days of Johnson Valley from diverse groups ranging from the film Industry, scouting organizations, equestrians, flying clubs and off highway organized sports groups.? Closure of Johnson Valley would be a significant loss for all of California as well as the nation, based on stakeholder usage data. This is especially noteworthy since the Marines can expand their training operations to the east of the existing base, public land that is mostly unused.

The Partnership is asking all users of Johnson Valley to email Senator Feinstein?s office a short personal message stating what specific affect a Marine takeover of Johnson Valley would have on you, your family, business, friends, or any other impact. Specifically, Visits days per year, How many in your group, and how much you contribute to the local economy

Please take a brief moment to visit Senator Feinstein?s email message center located here:
http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/i...tactUs.EmailMe

Simply complete the fields and leave a brief message. Senator Feinstein?s staff has informed the Partnership that they will not accept ?letter generator? type emails. Please use the above link to leave a personal message. Alternatively, you can fax a letter to Senator Feinstein?s Los Angeles office at: 310-914-7318. The Partnership?s target deadline for this urgent action is Tuesday morning.

The Partnership is seeking donations, Please visit www.PFJV.org for details

About The Partnership for Johnson Valley:
The leadership of the Partnership For Johnson Valley has been cooperatively working with the military and the affected Stakeholders in an effort to explore alternatives to the proposed land expansion. The PFJV is a division of the 501(c)3 California Trail Users Coalition led by Harry Baker, Chairman with Mark Howlett as Executive Director, Wayne Nosala as Secretary and directors Ray Pessa and Helen Baker. The Mission of the Partnership is to unite the many people who enjoy the diverse activities available in the multiple-use open access area of Johnson Valley. The Partnership?s charter is to promote responsible recreation and the use of desert resources through conservation and education. The goal of the Partnership is to ensure public open-access to the area in the present, and to future generations who Live, Work, and Recreate in Johnson Valley. For more information and updates, please visit www.PFJV.org
Old 03-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I like jesus christ

Send a message via AIM to Dukes69
I sent my e-mail. Even if only 100,000 people went out there a year and spent $500 to get there, thats still 50,000,000. I'm 100% certain that number is WAY low. Regardless, how can "we" afford to not allow this 50 mil to be infused into the economy, local and non.
AIM: Dukes69
Old 03-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Yogurt Boi

Send a message via AIM to Larry Nickell
My message:

Quote:
Senator Feinstein:

I send this missive regarding the Johnson Valley OHV area, and the proposed takeover by the Marine Corps. Since I'm sure you have received many emails on this subject, I won't blather on about subjects covered by others. However, I am miffed by reports that you are being advised that the OHV area is seldom used by the off-roading public. Please don't be mislead by groups or individuals presenting this message to you, as it is simply untrue. I have been to the OHV area twice in the last four months from the State of Washington. Two thousand five-hundred miles round trip. I bring family and friends each time and we contribute to your States economy by purchasing fuel and goods locally. I am but one person, but I am certainly not alone. When I see hundreds of families camped on the lakebed each time I vacation at Johnson Valley, I pause and wonder why the truth hasn't been flushed out yet.

Larry Nickell
Moses Lake, WA
Old 03-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I like jesus christ

Her DC fax number is: (202) 228-3954. I'm pretty sure thats where she is.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:59 PM

I sent her an informative 2 page message earlier today.

We'll see if she or any of her staff members send me a hand typed message in return responding to what I shared with them, or if I get a form letter in responce.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Send a message via AIM to JeepGal
I emailed and faxed to her DC fax. In my email and fax, I have linked her to the two petitions.

When Dianne Fienstien asked the BLM about the usage of Johnson Valley, they only provided her with the number of permits pulled...sigh.

Tam
Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Administrator

I sent my email response in on her website form as soon as I got Wayne's note.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 PM

Anyone get a response to the email form from her site?
I got this, which I thought was a little strange since you had to put your name and address in the form before writing you piece. I re-sent it to her again though, as asked.

--------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 1:37 PM
To: <xxxx@xx.com>
Subject: Out of state

Thank you for sending me your electronic mail message. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Because of the volume of e-mail that is received by my office, we can only respond to email that includes a California postal address. Please resend the text of your e-mail message, including your postal address, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.

Should you need additional information about the Congress, or my offices in Washington and California, please visit my homepage on the World Wide Web. The address is http://feinstein.senate.gov.

Thank you again for contacting me, and I hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Sincerely,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator
Old 03-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Yogurt Boi

Send a message via AIM to Larry Nickell
I got the same reply David, I then resent it and it bounced back as rejected for some reason. I'll fax it tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:45 PM

I wrote a lengthy letter to Feinstein in support of JV, being careful to disagree with those who claim it is infrequently used. It was hard to be polite and respectful to a woman whose politics I despise.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 AM

Letter sent.

She is the antichrist on so many rights issues in this state - I seriously wish someone would wake up and stop voting for her....
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
You can call me Ray

Send a message via ICQ to VancoPBS Send a message via AIM to VancoPBS
Sent, from a business perspective.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I like jesus christ