Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 08-18-2003, 05:33 PM

Warn Full Floater on XJ d44 rear...

Hi all...
Is this possible ?

I called Warn today (spoke to Tom) and although he admitted Warn made a kit at one time he said that they dont due to incompatibilities with certain brake options.

I also spoke to Mike Duncan today and he was'nt sure and suggested talking to Blaine...

So, this is to Blaine or anybody else who can answer... (Yes, I searched)
Will the 5 on 5.5 tj d44 full floater kit work with the XJ d44 rear housing ?
What are the issues, the only thing I could figure from Warn is brake space.
Are the housings the same width ?
Are the axles the same length ?

Is this just a brake issue ?

I am also interrested in doing the ZJ disk upgrade, but understand (from searching) that it will not work with the full floater kit. Has someone figured out a fix for this ?

Thanks
kris.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:37 PM

I think I got it...

Well,
With 35 views there must be some interrest...

I've spent 3 days on the fone with Todd at Warn and I think we got it figured out. Actually he called Jason at Tri County, and he said it will...

The TJ kit will work but the XJ brakes will not, but I figured that as the TJ kit has a footnote to use 10" AMC 20 drums or larger.

Solution is to go with Warns caliper bracket and do disks, or figure out if 11" AMC 20 drums will work, I think they will.

Since I started on this, I found it funny that they sell a 19spline kit for the old cj's but no xj44 or 8.8 kits anymore, especially since the 8.8 is becoming a more popular swap. Todd said that they sold something like 5 xj kits...

Ya'll can just plant this info in your brain for one of those campfire sessions.

kris.