Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Overlanders Unlimited

Overlanders Unlimited This is a forum to discuss expedition vehicles and trailer options, a place to talk about builds, modifications, and designs, as well as past and future adventure trips.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:10 PM

Forget your silly trailers!

http://www.earthroamer.com/tab_xpedi..._overview.html

WOW - I would kill to have the money for one of these. What a fun toy.

Base XV-JP before options $110,000
Old 02-26-2008, 09:14 PM

bet it has stock brakes...
Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 PM

I don't know man, 110 K is a heck of a lot of money to potentially hang up on a rock.

You could get a used rover III or a Land Cruiser (2 models ago) with locking diffs and put in an old man emu lift kit and some bigger tires and an arb bull bar and winch, and pull a ligther weight camping trailer (pop tent or even a good sized hard side) and have a nice base camp and go wheeling for $40k total any where you'd be willing to risk your 110k camping jeep.

That thing is really cool, no doubt though.

Btw, how do you take a shower in it with out getting everything wet? That's what I want to know.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnys TJ View Post
bet it has stock brakes...
Mine would for as long and it took to get it to Blaines....
Old 02-27-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaceman View Post
I don't know man, 110 K is a heck of a lot of money to potentially hang up on a rock.

You could get a used rover III or a Land Cruiser (2 models ago) with locking diffs and put in an old man emu lift kit and some bigger tires and an arb bull bar and winch, and pull a ligther weight camping trailer (pop tent or even a good sized hard side) and have a nice base camp and go wheeling for $40k total any where you'd be willing to risk your 110k camping jeep.

That thing is really cool, no doubt though.

Btw, how do you take a shower in it with out getting everything wet? That's what I want to know.
Shut up with your logic!!! I want the dream. After all how unreasonable is this compared to the plethera of 1800 pound "off road" trailers that don't even have a shower and cost $10K.

Frankly it's stupid money, but it sure looks nicely done.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Internet jeeps rule!

About 6 months ago, there was an XV-LT parked in Calabasas with a for sale sign. I didn't look at the asking price but it was sweet looking. You could always get one (what's another $100K after all) and tow your TJ.

This line on their site cracked me up though: "The high torque rating of the diesel engine and the Class IV receiver hitch will enable you to pull a boat, ATV, horse or camping trailer weighing up to 10,000 pounds with a weight distributing hitch."
Old 02-27-2008, 12:58 AM

I always kind of liked the sportsmobile 4x4 super camping vans. Someone living near me owns one and I see it on the road every once in awhile. They seem pretty reasonable for any time of offroad camping you'd probably want to do.

That's $70k right there for a new one, though. For that $, you can get a new R/V and tow your jeep.