Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > The Photo Circle

The Photo Circle Our brand spanking new forum to discuss and ask questions about anything related to photography. Also share you pictures and talk about creative works.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:15 PM

Real Slow in here

I'll start....Economy really put the boo on wheeling. I try to tag to wheeling once in a while. Lost a big paying job, then the wife got layed off.

Ok things are starting to turn I hope the same for everyone. Talked to Joe a while ago seems like he also got nailed too.

Moved into the Medical industry. Making in home dialysis equipment.

Place has a ton employees. The product is FDA approved which makes it a bit tougher to work in.

But finally getting in at least some wheeling in. Well its real local to me and fairly local to others. JV to some is still favorite but cost a bit more to get there to wreck your junk.

http://www.icorva.com/Photography/WE...011/index.html

Hows everyone else doing??

Heres my WEB Here
Old 04-02-2011, 01:57 PM

Yep, it is real slow in here ...

I got laid-off in December 2007 just before our biotech company essentially sold itself off and then went belly up. I had planned to work another 2-4 years before an early retirement, so this development right at the beginning of the recession really screwed up putting an additional chunk of money into our nest egg. I wasn't willing to relocate so I resurrected my consulting business, but with the recession and the downturn in the pharma sector, there just hasn't been any business opportunities of note. So, when I turned 61 in February, I just threw in the towel and gave up (of course being in ones 60's, having 35 years in industry ... translating to a fairly big salary ... pretty much dooms you to being considered a high-priced piece of deadwood, especially with the job market being so flooded with available, younger, and "cheaper" candidates).

Anyway, I changed career directions and have decided to become a "professional" Jeeper, hiker, camper, fisherman, auto mechanic, and home repairman. The pay is decidedly lousy, but the hours are quite good and there's no office politics to deal with.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:41 PM

Aslo my nest egg got the big pooch! I too a couple years off from ...of well need to keep working now.

Snapped this today while wheeling.

Heres my WEB Here
Old 04-02-2011, 10:46 PM

Nice shot (hopefully at a safe distance).

By the way, don't know if you're familiar with the area to the west of you, but my Great Grandfather and his family homesteaded in Pine Valley in the 1850's (now in the Cleveland National Forest). My parents lived just to the northwest of that in Descanso and I was born at the nearest hospital which was in La Mesa in 1950.

I imagine that it must be getting pretty toasty out your way by now.

Take it easy,

Don
Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 AM

I'm actually from San Diego, I was transfered to Mexicali then got layed off. Yeah real nice place to get stuck at . But hey I dont need to go far to wheel , backpack and do some photography!

Heres my WEB Here
Old 04-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Reggae

Vern, this is sweet. The rattlesnake looks ferocious.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 04-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObject View Post
Vern, this is sweet. The rattlesnake looks ferocious.
Thanks S!
I thought the snake was a bit lazy just because it was fat. Not so, it was fast and caused me to quickly retreat for the 100-400 lens.

More here

http://www.icorva.com/index.php?opti...aphy&Itemid=80

V

Heres my WEB Here
Old 07-26-2011, 10:12 AM

I think that fat is all muscle. Nice photo.