Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 09-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Talking Hey all, long time no chat.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi as it's been about 4 months since I set foot in the place. After Moab in May I kind of dropped of the face of the earth when it came to Jeeps. I wasn't questioning the hobby/sport but I needed a little break.

Work has taken a lot of my time even though I have more days off then you poor working folk doing the 9-5 jobs. I became really active in the union when June hit and with a local president that is a slacker, everyone has been coming to me for any sort of assistance I can offer. Looking after around 400 flight attendants can be a bit of a task. At least it got me to Hawaii as we started a inter island airline there (our buddy passes work too but the tixs are cheap). They fall under our local so I spend some time on Oahu and Waikiki Beach when not at the airport talking with them.

Jeep is still pretty much the same and suprisingly so are my driving skills after taking 4 months off. The front locker I was looking into ended up sucking so now I have to decide WTH I'm going to do with that. I was hoping to have the gears and lockers done by now but that hasn't happened. I have the cash (which is burning my pockets up mind you) but I want to do it right. I'm interested in that Super88 too but that's more to save.

I hope everyone is doing well and now that I'm back to me ol' self, I'm going to be back a little more often.

Here's me playing around a few weks back on one of the TM trails: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...58136317&hl=en
Old 09-30-2006, 09:42 PM

Speaking of the devil..... I was just talking about you earlier today & wondering where you've been hiding.

BTW: As far as the Super 88 goes, I think there are at least 5 of us on this board who run one. As far as I know, all of us have been very pleased with this kit.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:49 PM

Geez, someone brings up an old thread on JU and you reappear.

Know what you mean about union stuff sucking the time - and life - out of you. I got voted in as VP last election and have spent almost as much time in Phoenix as Tucson...and I HATE Phoenix. At least you get to go someplace good.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 09-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Joe,

Ya bastid, you ****ed at me or somethin'? I gave up on calling you cause you never called back.

Dan,

Yea, I'll be flying and spending a very good part of my overnights in Tuscon this bid. I have two alone starting Monday night. Monday and Wednesday.... 16+ hours on each.

As for old thread, what was it? I finally logged back in there and posted in the 7AJUMR thread.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 10-01-2006, 06:42 AM

Glad to see you are still wheeling Jamie.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer

As for old thread, what was it?
It was an OLD auto vs. manual thread - one that you had posted in after injesting some water or mud.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 10-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

Hello, Jamie.

Thanks for the update. I was also wondering where you were. It looks like you have been very busy.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 10-01-2006, 02:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
hi jamie,
i was just telling someone the other day how you *ahem* sweet-talk your jeep over obsticles

glad to see you around, i too was wondering WTF happend to you
Old 10-01-2006, 02:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Dillard
I think there are at least 5 of us on this board who run one.
i think there are only four.....
Old 10-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by T.Dome
hi jamie,
i was just telling someone the other day how you *ahem* sweet-talk your jeep over obsticles

glad to see you around, i too was wondering WTF happend to you
Should have seen me today. Strapped and winched all in the same day and the same obstacle. That's what I get for trying the hard lines.

Dan,

Oh man, that one, like right after I started wheeling. LOL Wow.... I though they purged that stuff.

As for me, there were other stuff too which made me really think about things but everything had checked out A-OK and I am alive and well (for now ).

Old 10-01-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer
Ya bastid, you ****ed at me or somethin'? I gave up on calling you cause you never called back.
Naw, I guess it was just some bad timing, that's all.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Dillard
Naw, I guess it was just some bad timing, that's all.
Good. I figured ya just didn't want to chat anymore.

Hope you are doing well.